Kipor Generators - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #57

Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
Kipor keeps changing things. Tom Trostel
It seems to me that Kipor is an aggressive corporation that is looking to penetrate the US market in as many profitable ways as possible. They are allowing other companies like All-Power, McCulloch and Phillips to rebrand their products and resell them. They are building a distributor network and selling their own products outright. They are also investing in research and development and improving their product as they go along. The Kipor you bought last year may not be available this year. This year's model may be superior to last year's model. So doing your research, bookmarking the webpage or putting your brochure away and them coming back later and expecting your research to still be valid is not the way to go with this manufacturer. Old research is probably outdated research when you are evaluating their product lines. This company is very successful in Europe and Asia.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #58

Georgia
Quote:
I stopped by the local Pep Boys to look at the All Power 2000W Digital Generator, Camping Mate. It looks identical to my McCulloch FG2000Tc. All controls, knobs, lights, plugs, etc. are the same. Weight and size is the same. Specs appear to be the same. The case is red, not yellow. Price is $200 more than I paid.
I think, the db noisiness rating for the All-Power unit is almost identical to the Honda db rating - 54-59db vs 53-59db. (Some sources say they are rated the same.) The db rating for the McCulloch is 56-61db or 56-64db depending on your source. So, if the specs were determined by the same standards, the All-Power genset may be superior to the McCulloch and last year's Sinemaster product line at least in that one regard.

My suspicion is there is some fudging with the db comparison info. I wouldn't take any of the specs as gospel until a third party using the same test criteria for all units tested rated them.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #59

Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
It is just different companies importing them with different model numbers and different color cases on them. Just like Sears does it. Sears use to sell (Non Sears) brand named washers and driers that had the knobs in different places and different model numbers because they were made to be sold in Sears stores. You could find the same brand named machine at other stores only not that model number and not the controls in the same place. Made it impossible to compare prices because of the different model numbers.

Sears also use to sell an AllState motor scooter that was a Vespa only it said Allstate on it. Same with their Ted Williamss shotguns and so forth.

The only way to get a scientific finding on the DB level of any generator is if a recognized independent laboratory did the test under strict controlled conditions and environment.

I wonder if enough people wrote Consumers Reports with a list of generators that they would like tested, if they would consider doing the test.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:42 AM   #60

Georgia
In an OEM situation, the customer gets to review the manufacturer's specs and request the changes they want for the product that will carry its company name. The changes can alter the technical merits of the product in addition to being cosmetic. For example, Sears could have requested a stronger motor in a product destined to carry the Kenmore name than the motor the manufacturer usually puts in its own products. Not enough evidence has been put on the product packaging for these generators to let any of us know if the differences in these Kipor produced products is purely cosmetic. Saying the products are identical is overreaching since the products do not list identical technical specs.

The only things you can say definitively are you can acquire a digital generator produced by Kipor from multiple sources under different names and at different prices. Some of them are yellow. Some of them are red. The prospective buyer should look at the specs of the product(s) he is considering acquiring to determine if those specs meet his personal requirements.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:39 AM   #61

Name: Art
Trailer: Helite
Just yesterday I received a http://www.heartlandamerica.com catalog with the generator addvertised (200W) with a red case.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #62

Georgia
Original Post

Quote:
This is for you glass ownerswho bought these awhile back. I hav been saving for a Honda 2000, but Kipor i quite a bit cheaper. Soooooo what's the scoop?
A poll of Kipor owners from another RV website: Rv.net Kipor poll
Old 09-04-2006, 01:39 PM   #63

Trailer: 75 Boler
my Mcculloch FG2000 tc quit working as it was running while at the Rodeo this weekend. After returning last night it looks like the spark plug is fouled. As this is a chineese engine the plug is not easily cross-referenced to a replacement brand like Autolite or Champion. Anyone replace their plug yet and have the number?

My says it's a NHSP LD A7RTC.

Thanks,

Dan

FYI- it was running fine for a couple hours before stopping...it has gas and oil.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #64

McCulloch:

www.mccullochpower.com

1-800-521-8559 for customer assistance
Old 09-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #65

Trailer: 75 Boler
McCulloch is out of business since March. The people that answer the 1-800 line are those that bought the spare parts. They will sell a chinese replacement for $8 and $8.99 for shipping - ouch.

I finally cross reference the # via sparkplugs.com and came up with the NGK brand and part C7HSA....I went to Schmucks and purchased for $1.99......it fired right up.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #66

Name: jim
Trailer: Casita 2000 17ft. Liberty
California
I hope you all camp close together and away from me. Go SOLAR!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:01 AM   #67

Trailer: Scamp Standard 16 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard Whitten
Quote:
This is for you glass ownerswho bought these awhile back. I hav been saving for a Honda 2000, but Kipor i quite a bit cheaper. Soooooo what's the scoop?
I Bought a Kipor Sinemaster KGE3000Ti,its new this year from http://www.xtreamgadgets.com I recently had a power outage at my home,so thought I'd try it out,I plugged in my Chest freezer,21cu.ft.refrigerator,TV with dish,computer and two lamps,and it worked great.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #68

I could not get the above address to work.

I found a workable address to be:

http://store.xtremegadget.com/elge.html

DR
Old 09-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #69

Name: Herschel
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Registry
I have KGE3500Ti Generator (Kipor) It is very good so far I have used it about 1 or 2 times a month for the last 10 or so months.I paid $975.with a cord to connect to the casita. at an R.V. show seems to get better prices at RV shows where they are compeating.