Old 02-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #15

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
One thing I should add, however, is this set of tail lights does not have any backup lights. If that's important to you you should look elsewhere.
OR you could install separate white fixtures...
I remember seeing somewhere a photo of an Escape that mounted "Porch Lights" with clear lenses next to the Red tail lights.
I cannot find it now.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette Deluxe / 2006 Toyota Tundra
You can get both good and bad with Harbor Freight.
My solar panels for the Scamp work well but the controler was very poor.
Solved by installing a MORNING STAR controler.
The panel from Harbor list $250 I got them for $150 so adding a good controler was still a good deal

Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #17

Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
My 2008 21RB has LED taillight and incandescent reverse light combined with red reflector. Bargman increased the depth of the incandescent reverse light to match it with the new LED light by adding extra lens. I was always perturbed with water getting in between these two lenses of the reverse light which looked like a leaking taillight. Bargman introduced white LED reverse light #47-84-026 matching red LED for $35.00 ea. Unfortunately this light is without red reflector required by DOT. They also introduced white LED reverse with incorporated reflector #47-84-414 for the whooping $81.50 ea. I decided to replace my reverse lights with white LED without reflectors and placed total of 12 Bergman conspicuity reflectors #74-72-030 on the bumper.
http://www.texmood.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/51_405
http://www.texmood.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id/666
George.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2126.JPG   IMG_2127.JPG  

IMG_2128.JPG  
Old 02-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Hi Clive
There is a pair of 7" LED Light on Ebay to fit right on your American Boler
That's what we did on ours ,No extra holes needed !...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-7-ROUND-L...=item3efa8f270c
For our friends to the North... Princess Auto has these same tail lights on sale 3-4 times a year for around $24CDN each.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #19

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
I would never buy anything from Harbor Freight that needed to be used for "precision" work. However, I've had good luck with simple devices like clamps, hammers, and pry bars. Basic tools like this are okay especially if you don't need them for more than occasional use. I read a magazine review of their pin nailer and most of the time was spent by the reviewer trying to clear jambs. I tried their cheap trim router and the adjustment knob broke off almost immediately. I guess most of their tools are okay if you're just building simple yard furniture or doing basic framing, but don't count on holding a setting or maintaining accuracy for very long.
Like I said,My friend got a Shovel that died,does not get too much more basic than that.
I imagine you have to design it to get a bad shovel?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #20

Name: Clive
Trailer: Boler American #3104
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Hi Clive
There is a pair of 7" LED Light on Ebay to fit right on your American Boler
That's what we did on ours ,No extra holes needed !...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-7-ROUND-L...=item3efa8f270c
Hey, thanks for the tip!

I've actually found a place closer to me for about the same price but have lights with 60 pc LEDs each. I figure more is better and to support local business I'm planning on getting these:

http://led-r-us.com/sttlights.shtml (half way down the page)

Thanks again though!

Old 02-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #21

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
I'm planning to add some "setup" lights to my 5er: LED strip lights that'll light up the front landing gear and rear stabilizers, street-side hatch, hook-up connectors, wheel-wells (so I can see where I'm putting the BAL leveler), plus a display that'll tell me when the trailer is level. Having all these plus a backup light come on when I'm backing the trailer up might not be such a bad idea . . . biggest liability might be people coming to see the alien fiberglass spaceship landing.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #22

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
I'm planning to add some "setup" lights to my 5er: LED strip lights that'll light up the front landing gear and rear stabilizers, street-side hatch, hook-up connectors, wheel-wells (so I can see where I'm putting the BAL leveler), plus a display that'll tell me when the trailer is level. Having all these plus a backup light come on when I'm backing the trailer up might not be such a bad idea . . . biggest liability might be people coming to see the alien fiberglass spaceship landing.

I will pay to see that!
Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #23

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Have your friend take the shovel back. I have never had a problem returning anything to Harbor Freight.
I have. I bought a battery powered drill, and the battery wouldn't hold the charge for more than a few days. They gave me a hard time about it when I returned it, even though I was within the allowed time frame for returns. Guess how much I've bought there since then....
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #24

I have been looking for a set (LED) for my SCAMP.
Thanks for the info now to find a HF store.
Will be in Seattle and Portland with the trailer Towards the end of Feb.
May try to find some then.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #25

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
I have been looking for a set (LED) for my SCAMP.
Thanks for the info now to find a HF store.
Will be in Seattle and Portland with the trailer Towards the end of Feb.
May try to find some then.
From I-5 at Tacoma, head west on Hwy 16 two or three miles and take the 6th Ave exit. Go north on 6th less than 1/4 mile and Harbor Freight is on the Left in a shopping center across from K-Mart.

Another way to purchase from them is on-line. They have a huge warehouse in Camarillo, CA. and you always get the sale price, if there is a sale on.

That said -- I found some nice ones that fit in the existing round holes of our Scamp at Sportsman's Warehouse. (That company has changed hands since then, but have the same stuff.) These lights are packed with a lot more LED's than most, so are very bright. At night I can usually see the red reflection on the pavement of the blinkers through my mirrors when I signal!

These same units are also at our local Auto Zone. Perhaps they cost a bit more than the Harbor Freight ones, but I believe the additional price is justified.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #26

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Those lights look awsome! Since my U-Haul has a wrap-around taillight style, I prefer to replace the bulb rather than the whole light assembly. I've heard that some LED replacements are not as bright as the original incandescent bulb. Has anyone replaced their taillight bullbs with LEDs and do you have a recommended manufacturere or style?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #27

PETER thank you I bought a set of the taillights from HF in Seattle. Took your advise and tested the lights for 10 hours all seems to work OK. So I am now thinking about how to mount them on my SCAMP. Will be leaving Seattle the next couple of days for the OREGON coast. The light will be a great safety feature for the trailer I have always dislike the dim lights on the trailer. Thanks again PETERH
Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #28

Thanks Peter just finished installing the new LED tailights from Harbor Freight they work very well.
I now feel better with bright light for turn and stop.
Thanks to all for your help.
Dave

Tags
led lights, lighting, lights, tail lights