Lights are yummy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #15

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19
Ontario
If you're a *real* glamper, you need to consider something like RibbonFlex Pro™ RGB (Color) LED Tape Lighting System - Lee Valley Tools -- the RGB leds and associated colour controller let you tune the colour to whatever suits your mood...

Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I'm not sure a red lit interior would be appropriate for a single gal in a campground

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #17

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19
Ontario
Well, even if you don't want so set up a red-led-light district, you can always accessorize: This Color-Changing LED Chameleon Scarf Perfectly Matches Any Outfit
Old 05-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #18

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
If you're a *real* glamper, you need to consider something like RibbonFlex Pro™ RGB (Color) LED Tape Lighting System - Lee Valley Tools -- the RGB leds and associated colour controller let you tune the colour to whatever suits your mood...
OK I didn't want to let all of my secrets out but.....
I also have a few lengths of this in a special place in the Casita too.

So far no unsuspecting single gals have fallen for it,but only because I haven't found any just yet!

They can set some mood though.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #19

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm not sure a red lit interior would be appropriate for a single gal in a campground

...well it is if your looking to make a little coinage

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #20

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Does anyone know how you "shop" for these light cords. If you go on ebay, its hard to compare one string to the next. Ideally you want to get the most brightness per foot without paying a $fortune$ for the stuff. How do you compare one listing to the next?
Old 05-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #21

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourpets View Post
Does anyone know how you "shop" for these light cords. If you go on ebay, its hard to compare one string to the next. Ideally you want to get the most brightness per foot without paying a $fortune$ for the stuff. How do you compare one listing to the next?
I go somewhere that I can either see them first or know that I can easily return/exchange them if they are not right for me.

I wanted LEDs that were more white/blue than the traditional brown/incandescent tint and found them at Walmart of all places and they were cheapest there too.

This is one of those things at least when looking for white that I had to try a few before I found the ones that I liked.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #22

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourpets View Post
Take a look a Jon's Post #13 and follow the link to his site. On his site he provides photos of his install and a link to what/where he purchased. Saw his last summer at a meet and they look really good.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #23

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
so Donna I guess your not expecting to see a lot of red interior lights on this week-ends glamping trip! nether am I but then again you never know
Old 05-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #24

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Maybe, just maybe Carol.... but it IS only going to be women glamping . All the lace and crystal would probably drive most men nutz.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #25

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
All the lace and crystal would probably drive most men nutz.
Susssh you letting out the secret as to how we all get away for a girls week-end of camping without the men
Old 05-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #26

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:

But Donna, you could fund retirement!

I have tried to think of a way to attach the rope type lights Ed, used but I wanted to run them along the floor like base. I bought them, but they are so darn stiff I knew I would need some pretty strong adhesive to attach. Gonna have to check out the light tape!

I want to see glamping pictures ladies!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #27

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
But Donna, you could fund retirement!

I have tried to think of a way to attach the rope type lights Ed, used but I wanted to run them along the floor like base. I bought them, but they are so darn stiff I knew I would need some pretty strong adhesive to attach. Gonna have to check out the light tape!

I want to see glamping pictures ladies!

would something like this work Robin Adjustable/Locking Adhesive Kwik Klips® by Richco

I am trying to come up with an easy way to attaching the rope lights to the underside of my awning and was thinking about using those. If you leave the rope lights out in the sun for a couple of hours they tend to soften up and are easier to get into the position you want.

I hope you will be able to make it out with us one of these days Robin.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
I get most of my LED's at Superbright LEDs. They have a (sometimes confusing) array of products, including many types of strips. I'd like an RGB strip with a remote so I can change the color at will.

I've replaced most of the bulbs in my truck, added some to the motorcycle, and in my other trailer. I also use mostly LED lights in my office, since I have 12v power available.

I like the warm white, the blue color of the cool white gets on my nerves for some reason, but so do fluorescent lights. I don't like blinding lights at night, either, so colors are great, I usually go with red or green, easiest on the eyes for me.

I get 4-LED modules locally at an electronics store, they come with foam tape on the back and 2 screw holes, and are wired for 12vdc already. I've saved a few old desk lamps with small metal goosenecks on them to recycle into adjustable reading lights for the egg. Not sure how or where I'll mount them yet.

These are the ones I get locally, 4 5050 LED's, pretty bright:

Tags
lights