Lil Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #1

Name: Ray
Trailer: Looking at Lil Snoozy
Maine
Lil Snoozy

So, Ray here and just came back up from a visit to St Matthews SC to see the Lil Snoozy factory. The care that Alan and Nicholas take in building those little campers is incredible. The shell is so strong compared to other fiberglass things I have owned because of the coring and the multiple layers of glass. All wood with no particle or osb which is big for me because I've seen what that stuff looks like with time. Simplicity is key in almost everything that they do. I can't wait till end of next summer, early fall when we can come down and pick up our 2 twin bed version of our Lil Snoozy.
gizmoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Will your beds be L shaped or length wise? Will you have a table in there, or propane? It Sure sounds nice. Thanks in advance.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
I conclude with your assessment and one of several reasons we purchased our Lil Snoozy. After sleeping in it almost 60 nights this past summer and towing it more than 6K miles, we have no regrets.
I am interested in knowing how you changed the layout to get two twin beds. Just curiosity, as I think we enjoy the contact of crawling over each other when sleeping on the inside of the bed.
Who says life stops after 60. I think maybe I'm just getting started. Just at a slower pace.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Registry
I forgot to mention the propane until I saw Ken's post. Lil Snoozy is not insured to install propane. But, they do make propane ready an option. I appreciate my propane, as I do not want to haul gasoline for a generator or listen to one hum (I know Honda has improved them much, but still noisy). Besides, I would be a hypocrite to use a generator after complaining loudly for years about other people that do.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #5

Maine
What we've thought thru is 2 front to back single beds with an isle down the center and the next size down jack knife sofa with the entertainment ctr shortened accordingly. All electric with 2 6v golf cart deep cycle batteries and a small inverter to keep the fridge going while we are out and away hiking or kayaking or whatever. We don't have gas at home and frankly it makes me nervous. We've had 3 lg class A motor homes and are not strangers to gas, its just not my preferred fuel. Everything was explained about all electric with a small 2000 watt gen to power up stuff and charge the batts.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
I forgot to mention the propane until I saw Ken's post. Lil Snoozy is not insured to install propane. But, they do make propane ready an option. I appreciate my propane, as I do not want to haul gasoline for a generator or listen to one hum (I know Honda has improved them much, but still noisy). Besides, I would be a hypocrite to use a generator after complaining loudly for years about other people that do.
Did you install a propane system, and if so, what does that consist of?

Thanks!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
What about solar option?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #8

Bill, do you have a propane fridge and furnace? If not, do then even offer these two things? Do you have a photo of the bottle mounted on front. It looks like a tight fit with the steep angle of the front and I was just curious. I would not want to go all electric. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #9

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Did you install a propane system, and if so, what does that consist of?

Thanks!

Francesca
Just a two burner stove. Any boondocking we do is done in warm weather. When the cold comes, we will be plugged in and using the electric heater that comes with the trailer.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #10

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Bill, do you have a propane fridge and furnace? If not, do then even offer these two things? Do you have a photo of the bottle mounted on front. It looks like a tight fit with the steep angle of the front and I was just curious. I would not want to go all electric. Thanks.
No problem at all. In fact there is enough room for twin tanks. I have the fiberglass tank, which I really like since I can see the fuel level and an approximate 10 lb. weight savings on the tongue.

I have a photo, but not technologically savvy enough to post it.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
Just a two burner stove. Any boondocking we do is done in warm weather. When the cold comes, we will be plugged in and using the electric heater that comes with the trailer.
Thanks-

Where'd you install the stove? I presume it's not on the counter below the emergency escape window...or does the "propane-ready" package include relocation of that safety feature?

Francesca
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #12

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmoracing View Post
What we've thought thru is 2 front to back single beds with an isle down the center and the next size down jack knife sofa with the entertainment ctr shortened accordingly. All electric with 2 6v golf cart deep cycle batteries and a small inverter to keep the fridge going while we are out and away hiking or kayaking or whatever. We don't have gas at home and frankly it makes me nervous. We've had 3 lg class A motor homes and are not strangers to gas, its just not my preferred fuel. Everything was explained about all electric with a small 2000 watt gen to power up stuff and charge the batts.
Thanks for the info. It sounds like you have a well thought out plan. Happy Camping to you!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #13

ahh thats ok. It would sure be nice to be able to see the propane level. Glad to hear it fits fine under there. I don't want to side track gizmoracing's thread so i better back out, Thanks Bill.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #14

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Just trying to picture this correctly?

So the beds will have the foot down under the front where the slope comes down the most instead of the platform being there for the regular bed?

I remember they talked at first about selling a plain empty version so you could use as a hauler or build it out yourself and it sounds like there is a lot more room in there than it seems with the standard layout?

Did you get to see an empty one to figure this out?

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #15

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Thanks-

Where'd you install the stove? I presume it's not on the counter below the emergency escape window...or does the "propane-ready" package include relocation of that safety feature?

Francesca
It is below the escape window. We can exit through any of the windows except the two bedroom windows. We got the optional picture window and extra bedroom window. The stove and sink were moved slightly forward than usual because we ordered it with a closet under the air conditioner. This necessitated putting the fantastic fan on the rear shower wall. We were concerned that this would render the fan inadequate, but seems to have little effect on it's ability to move air through the trailer. The closet is much utilized. It is nice having a place to hang our jackets, my wife's dresses, and a set of dress cloths for myself.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #16

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Just trying to picture this correctly?

So the beds will have the foot down under the front where the slope comes down the most instead of the platform being there for the regular bed?

I remember they talked at first about selling a plain empty version so you could use as a hauler or build it out yourself and it sounds like there is a lot more room in there than it seems with the standard layout?

Did you get to see an empty one to figure this out?

Ed
No, we figured it out after talking to Nicholas several times. After talking to him and his dad, they said that within the last week they have had 5 or 6 inquires about twin beds like we have been talking abt. Looks like they may offer it as an optional floor plan. Makes sense to us. Part of each bed will be able to hinge up with a support for storage. Must say they are very flexible unlike other company's.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #17

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
No, we figured it out after talking to Nicholas several times. After talking to him and his dad, they said that within the last week they have had 5 or 6 inquires about twin beds like we have been talking abt. Looks like they may offer it as an optional floor plan. Makes sense to us. Part of each bed will be able to hinge up with a support for storage. Must say they are very flexible unlike other company's.
But the beds foot will be down near the nose?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #18

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
But the beds foot will be down near the nose?
Yea, after laying on the bed there front to back, the roof slope is a little shallow to sit up without hitting the roof. Head towards the back, and a small LED light for each bunk with a switch for reading. At the nose between the beds a small night stand with a drawer and opening for long pass through items and systems to go from one side to the other. Magazine rack on inside of night stand. Batteries as far aft as possible on left bunk along with charger and inverter. Water tank still under the jack knife sofa along with water pump. Still want the curtain to close off the sleeping chamber from the rest of the camper as I sometimes get up early and don't want to wake up my lovely wife as I read or whatever.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #19

Registry
I've had some questions about pics at the Snoozy site and hope you Snoozy owners will be good enough to answer them...

The first pic shows the battery strapped to the floor under the bed- is that the standard installation?

The second shows the Honda Generator strapped on the tongue and plugged in to the trailer power cord- is it meant to be operated in that location?

Thanks

Francesca
Attached Thumbnails
photo7.jpeg   DSC_4002.jpg  

Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #20

Maine
Quote:
I've had some questions about pics at the Snoozy site and hope you Snoozy owners will be good enough to answer them...

The first pic shows the battery strapped to the floor under the bed- is that the standard installation?

The second shows the Honda Generator strapped on the tongue and plugged in to the trailer power cord- is it meant to be operated in that location?

Thanks

Francesca
Yea, although I'm not a Snoozy owner yet but I think I can answer some questions. The battery location standard is under the bed on the left side. I have seen one there that was in for some changes and it had 2 batteries on the tongue in boxes with no generator. What we are doing is putting 2 batteries on the same side with access by lifting the bed. The generator soon will have an enclosure soon built by them to store it in. The power cord goes to the generator or shore hookup if you have hookups.