Loctite blue blues - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2017, 07:37 AM   #41

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
This is good to know. Especially the part about eyes! And I didn't know there was a brush-application style. I agree, the regular stuff is too runny.

I'll add another item to the "things that should be known list", which is that most bug spray, DEET or not, will strip the finish off wood items. I go to a few bluegrass/folk jams every summer, and have seen the finish stripped off some very expensive instruments by bug spray...

You have to just suffer through the mosquitoes.

I wonder what that tiny dab of fingernail polish is? Sort of like a stake nut I guess.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #42

Name: alan
Trailer: looking
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
Glyptol?
Well, I looked up glyptol since I never heard of it. I think that's unlikely as it is intended as an insulator and is likely too expensive. I also don't know if it existed back then.

I imagine that on assembly just after calibration they dabbed a little on to 1) fix it in place and protect it from vibration, and 2) to make it visible if anything changed. Something cheap, visible, and that will adhere to metal like fingernail polish would do.
minke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #43

Name: Neto
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
Minke: Fingernale polish. I use to fix card punch machines that shook themselves to death and used fingernale polish to lock screws and nuts. Use it today to lock the little screw on eye glasses.

Locktight. They have a lipstick version that I use.
Neto is offline   Reply With Quote