Looking at getting our first RV - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2008, 02:09 AM   #21

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
David,

I did a search for Bigfoot in the For Sale section here on FGRV.

Click here for the results

The third one down at the time of posting, looks like it might be the same trailer. Any chance it was this one in Red Bluff, CA? If so, they've dropped the price by $1500.

The search gives 18 pages of results, so you'll get a good handle on what they are worth over the years for the various sizes and options.

I don't know much about Bigfoots but a couple of the moderators own one, I expect you will hear from them soon.

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:20 AM   #22

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
I just ran across a bigfoot locally. It looks absolutely unused. Now "according to the dealer" this was purchased for granny and stored in the barn back in 2007. Granny never recovered enough to use it and they only want 14500.00 for it. I have no idea if this is a fair price for a 2007 175 model. I did look it over pretty close and there wasn't even dirt in the wheel wells, the tires still have nubs and the under carriage is spotless.
Anybody familiar with bigfoots, please chime in
Hi: David... If it were me I'd offer 'em $12500 tow 'n go!!! You can't get a new 13'er for much off that. Remember that anything that goes wrong is easily remedied!!! Sounds like the "little old lady" never even towed it to church on Sundays.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #23

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
I guess one the first things I noticed in the RV places was the roof sealant. What's that? :-)
Chris,
I can't speak for all, but we had a RV that had a relatively soft roof. (plastic/vinyl over wood?) Part of the maintenance on it was to apply roof sealant every 5 years. I assumed it was to prevent the material from breaking down due to UV. This was an 88 unit.
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:04 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
David,

I did a search for Bigfoot in the For Sale section here on FGRV.

Click here for the results

The third one down at the time of posting, looks like it might be the same trailer. Any chance it was this one in Red Bluff, CA? If so, they've dropped the price by $1500.

The search gives 18 pages of results, so you'll get a good handle on what they are worth over the years for the various sizes and options.

I don't know much about Bigfoots but a couple of the moderators own one, I expect you will hear from them soon.

Roy
It's the same one Roy. I live just 12 miles from Redbluff. He originally asked for 15900, but I stayed with my best unimpressed facial expression and he came down to 14500. He's closed tomorrow, but I think I'd better see him friday. It is unused as he stated. I'm wondering if any thing can go wrong with one of these when not in use.
DAVID HARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
I just ran across a bigfoot locally. It looks absolutely unused. Now "according to the dealer" this was purchased for granny and stored in the barn back in 2007. Granny never recovered enough to use it and they only want 14500.00 for it. I have no idea if this is a fair price for a 2007 175 model. I did look it over pretty close and there wasn't even dirt in the wheel wells, the tires still have nubs and the under carriage is spotless.
Anybody familiar with bigfoots, please chime in
That seems like a real good price to me. You could offer a bit less as mentioned, but for an '07 17' Bigfoot in prime condition, I don't know if you could find better. Definitely tough to find better in a FG trailer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #26

Trailer: Eggcamper
We have a 2007 Eggcamper. It has no carpeting on the ceiling and floors, so there is no lingering smells from cooking, dogs, etc.

We love ours. Look on the Eggcamper.com site and see the insides. We have one with a permanent bed.

Suzanne
Suzanne P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

Quote:
I'm very glad I found this site. I've become aware of many brands I'd never heard of . I appreciate the responses, and now need to get going and start investigating these leads. Summer will be here before we realize it, and I plan to spend most of this one on the road. Thanks again for all your responses to my questions.

David
You can contact Tom Young in the Sacramento area and look at a Trillium:

Trailer and contact information at:

http://www.trilliumrv.com/

Of course I'm biased with our new Trillium 1300!

Roger

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #28

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Also looking at getting a first rv here. Lots of great info here.

I like the Escape, but living here in MN, only 80 miles from the Scamp factory, it is hard to ignore how close they are. I don't want to drive to BC to pick up an Escape from their factory. I wish they could deliver. But between the two, and Casita's I suppose they are quite similar. I'd love to buy used a newer model, but it is very hard to find any nearby. Just will have to keep looking. Plus buying new, I can get exactly what I want.
Dan Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #29

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We have had 3 stick-builts. Our Casita 17SD is much better to tow, the 18 wheelers don't blow us around and the gas mileage was a major improvement. I wish we had gotten it years ago.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #30

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Also looking at getting a first rv here. Lots of great info here.

I like the Escape, but living here in MN, only 80 miles from the Scamp factory, it is hard to ignore how close they are. I don't want to drive to BC to pick up an Escape from their factory. I wish they could deliver. But between the two, and Casita's I suppose they are quite similar. I'd love to buy used a newer model, but it is very hard to find any nearby. Just will have to keep looking. Plus buying new, I can get exactly what I want.
Hi: Dan Vang...80 miles...80 MILES!!! Why I'd be there in a flash... Nothing wrong with Scamps and a special order gets you exactly what you want!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #31

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Obviously, this being a "fiberglass RV" forum none of us are biased in the direction of owning a fiberglass RV.

Ahem! Ahem!

In our case, we have a 1970 26 ft Avion and a 1984 16 ft Scamp. Now that the kids are on their own and we've retired we have found the Scamp goes and the Avion stays.

This may not always be the case, because we've really enjoyed traveling and touring and investigating and camping in new and distant places for several years. Now we have a nice listing of places we might like to stay for an extended time, perhaps a month or so. The larger trailer would be more comfortable and convenient for this, so we may start using the larger trailer again.

In my opinion, for a small trailer, the fiberglass semi-frameless interior construction is the way to go. When you get much longer than 20 feet, there are other considerations that make that construction less practical. At that point, I prefer aluminum interior framing. In either case an aerodynamic shape is desirable. Whether Scamp, Casita, Big Foot or any of the others, it is basically your call.

I like Scamp for its light weight. Casita seems a bit upper scale. Big Foot is less aerodynamic, but has superior insulation. I haven't looked closely at many others.

Since this is your first trailer, I'm sure after you get it you will have some second thoughts. My advice is to not let that develop into a series of selling and buying trailers. Just learn to be content with the trailer you have and deal with anything that disappoints by consulting the crowd on this forum. Someone will have a solution.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote