Marine hull cleaner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #1

Name: Curtis
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Quebec
Marine hull cleaner

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find it being a rookie. Has anyone used marine hull cleaner on a trillium or fg gel coat? My roof is coated in black sticky grime and lichens.

Curtis
Barrett family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett family View Post
Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked, I couldn't find it being a rookie. Has anyone used marine hull cleaner on a trillium or fg gel coat? My roof is coated in black sticky grime and lichens.

Curtis
Curtis I use primary marine products to clean and shine my trailer and I am very happy with the results. Once you get the lichens etc scrubbed off - 3M makes a couple of products that will take of any black marks off (if you end up with any) one is a clean and wax (also deals with light oxidization) and the other is a restore & wax (use if you have a heavy oxidization issue as well)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #3

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I wish I could find the post but there was someone here that used a cleaner and posted the half done roof, one end looked black only broken up by the light green of lichens, the other end was almost white. I think they just used a bucket and scrub brush with the cleaner.

Maybe someone else will recall the product? The photo was impressive.

I have seen Tilex, Bleach & water, Awsome (dollar store) Bar Keepers Friend and TSP mentioned as good choices for heavy cleaning. Also those white mr. clean erasers.

I did find this post with pictures that may give you some encouragement.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-47355.html
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Suspect you are correct that when it comes to getting off the worst of it nothing bets a bucket of soapy water & a good scrub brush.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote