Me and My '87 Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Burro
Talking

I bought this from an ex hunt club member for $700.00

Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Me_Burro.JPG  
GregLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I think you paid to much, but I'll take it off your hands for 725 just to make you feel better

Good deal! Got inside pics??? I rarely see the older 17s!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #3

Trailer: 79 Apache Roamer (Trying to Buy an 'Egg')
Aaargh! Rub it in, rub it in.............!

Did it look that great when you bought it, or have you had to do a bunch of work on it?

Still jealous......

(That's me, "green with envy")
MarieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #4

Exclamation

Being the type personality I am I have to see what's on the 'Net about any new toys I get and I found this great site.

I found out what a great deal it was after I found you guys.

This was a few weeks back and was pretty much move in day. My daughter went along to help.

I want to replace the cabinet doors with new ones I'm gonna make my self. Other than the new bedding it came with none of the original cushions. I'd like to replace the cook top. There's no fridge. There's no insulation in the space between the inner and outter shell.

We have power and water at camp. Give me all your thoughtsand suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
BurroInside1.JPG   BurroInside2.JPG  

BurroInside3.JPG  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Aaargh! Rub it in, rub it in.............!

Did it look that great when you bought it, or have you had to do a bunch of work on it?

Still jealous......

(That's me, "green with envy")

This is how I found it! The previous owner was a meticulos sort.
Attached Thumbnails
BurroGrapics.jpg   IndianLakesHCCamp.jpg  

Old 03-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Well, I think daughter is telling you she needs a bigger bed ..

You have the "Dance Hall Edition".. no bath.. pretty expansive, eh?

It looks in good condition! A blank slate, you have a lot of room for creativity there. The new doors are a great start. You can have a shop make the cushions.. but it'll be spendy. If you are just going to use the set up as beds, you could try modifying a standard mattress, or just use store bought foam.

A bar fridge would work since it sounds like you will have it set up with electric available most of the time (?) A coleman stove could work as a stovetop.

Put a seat near the door with a lid and stick a porta potti in there and have a place for one person to sit.. you could even do a short "Loveseat" thing there.

The rest is personal taste, new carpet or floor, curtains etc. The possibilities are endless!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:32 PM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
I think you paid to much, but I'll take it off your hands for 725 just to make you feel better

Good deal! Got inside pics??? I rarely see the older 17s!
I, too, feel that you may have overpaid just a tad for it, and if you are over whelmed with the payments, I would be willing bail you out------ but, only if you will deliver to the state of Washington... You, my friend made the purchase of the year. ENJOY, ENJOY Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #8

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I think you will hate it. You should bring it to Schaumburg and I will trade you for my very nice 13' Burro.

I tried to do this with Gina when she got her's but she was just too stubborn to take me up on it.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #9

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Oh, what a great find! I'm jealous, too!

My suggestion is, before you start making new doors, changing the cook top, or installing a 'fridge and so on, you go camping in it several times to figure out what you're missing. Then take a tour through the "Modifications, Alterations, and Neat Updates" section here to see how other people have modified their trailers to better meet their needs.
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft 1980 Burro
Greg, Really a GREAT deal!! I would go along with what Peter said and camp in it a few times to see what you really want. But, I would go even further and say go camping where you can look at a lot of the egg campers and see what modifications other members have done to theirs. Check the rally forum. I know that there is one in Townsend, Tennessee (not too far from you) in the last part of April. I'll be there with my 13' Burro (1980). You can also check the Egg Camping Club for other rallies. Hope to see you there.

Bob
Bob Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #11

As you can see from the pictures the "Burrito" ,as my co-hunt club members like to call it , is kept at our hunt club property (on a private farm) which is an hour from the house. I've only spent one night in her so far and look to be there a lot toward the end of the month w/ turkey season going.

Bob, Townsend Tn is doable as I also love to fly fish and hope to be up that way wetting a fly in the GSMNP and taking in other Egg 'Burrito's'

I hope I can work that out and see you up there.

Greg

Tags
burro