My Experience with Paul Neumeister - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Following recommendations of some members on this forum, I took my recently purchased 1977 Trillium 1300 to Paul (A-1 Auto Refinishing) to see what needed to be done to the underside. I anticipated that a new axle may be required, I wanted brakes installed and needed tires, since the old ones were mismatched.

Paul said the axle was fine, saving me major dollars. He suggested that I shouldn't need brakes on a trailer this light but I wanted them anyway so he installed them including the required drums, bearings and wiring. He also installed two new tires and fixed a bit of wiring that needed doing.

Based on his comments to me, I can say this gentleman was trying to save me some money. Ain't that refreshing? Work was done quickly and this man had the time to answer any questions I had. A real nice guy. I recommend him.

Clark
Clark Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Trail Michigante
I've mentioned it a few times on these boards already, but here goes again: No you don't NEED brakes on a light 13-footer, but speaking from about 20,000 miles of experience with brakes, and 10,000+ without, brakes sure do add a HUGE margin of safety.

Vic
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Clark Martin... Word of mouth advertising is the finest money don't buy!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Clark, thanks for the information. Folks are always concerned when parting with hard-earned money and it's reassuring to know Paul has their best interests in mind. I'll continue to point to his website when appropriate too!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Hi: Clark Martin... Word of mouth advertising is the finest money don't buy!!!
Yep Alf, I'm sure it was you who first mentioned him to me. Thank you.
Clark Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1984
Honesty and a good reputation is a hard combination to beat.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #7

Trailer: 1972 American Boler
Quote:
Honesty and a good reputation is a hard combination to beat.
I also agree that Paul is great to work with. I just ordered an axle from Paul for my 1972 American Boler. I am in the process of trying to restore the camper & when I took the shell off the frame it was obvious that the axle as shot. Paul has been great to work with. I am hoping to get the new axle in the next week or two.

Libby
Libby F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Quote:
I also agree that Paul is great to work with. I just ordered an axle from Paul for my 1972 American Boler. I am in the process of trying to restore the camper & when I took the shell off the frame it was obvious that the axle as shot. Paul has been great to work with. I am hoping to get the new axle in the next week or two.

Libby
I also bought a new axle for my 74 Boler from Paul last spring, after the local Standen's dealer couldn't get it right. He was very helpful, the axle actually fit (after working around a weird oddity in my particular trailer) and shipping was reasonable. I sent him photos of my undercarriage so he could guess whether the axle would fit, and we talked about it on the phone a couple of times before ordering. I would recommend dealing with Paul.

Rick G in Alberta
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 American Boler
Quote:
I also bought a new axle for my 74 Boler from Paul last spring, after the local Standen's dealer couldn't get it right. He was very helpful, the axle actually fit (after working around a weird oddity in my particular trailer) and shipping was reasonable. I sent him photos of my undercarriage so he could guess whether the axle would fit, and we talked about it on the phone a couple of times before ordering. I would recommend dealing with Paul.

Rick G in Alberta
I got my new axle from Paul this past Tuesday. It is currently at my welders getting ready to be put on. Paul was great to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again!
Libby
Libby F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Libby F... Did you have the axle shipped over...any hassles about the border??? If you don't mind me asking "What's the $$$'s involved". I need one too!!!
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #11

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
I too will give Paul a big thumbs up
This past week I had the pleasure of dealing with Paul in the purchase of new tail lights for my Trillium. He is very friendly, helpful and his pricing seemed more than reasonable.
Keep up the good work Mr. Neumeister!

Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote