My Trillium Herd!!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #1

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
My Trillium Herd!!!!!

A few pictures of my Trillium herd,I still have to put the belly band on the 4500 and do more work inside, trying to complete it before I start on the latest one I just bought from Nancy a 1300 that has been painted gray..Going to try to strip it down to the orginal finish and it's going to be a lot of work..looks like I've got alot to do this summer but I really enjoy it......
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_140.jpg   Trillium_141.jpg  

Trillium_142.jpg   Trillium_143.jpg  

Trillium_144.jpg  
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #2

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
A few pictures of my Trillium herd,I still have to put the belly band on the 4500 and do more work inside, trying to complete it before I start on the latest one I just bought from Nancy a 1300 that has been painted gray..Going to try to strip it down to the orginal finish and it's going to be a lot of work..looks like I've got alot to do this summer but I really enjoy it......
What are you going to do with them all?
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
He's a Hoarder! lol
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #4

Registry
Talking

Quote:
A few pictures of my Trillium herd
I think he said he's a HERDER...hmm...doesn't say where the rest of the trailers came from...maybe he's breeding them.
Could be the start of something big!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I can think of worse things to hoard. I have five cars/trucks. Talk about money pits. I think your idea is better Randy!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #6

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I can think of worse things to hoard. I have five cars/trucks. Talk about money pits. I think your idea is better Randy!
I hear you, my yard looks like a used car lot.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #7

Yea, I started about 7 years ago with a 1976 Scamp that I bought for $400.00 just sold it not long ago..From there I was hooked since then I've had 7 other Scamps, 2 Burro's, 2 Casita's, 1 U-haul and 5 Trilliums, don't know what it is but I just like the Trilliums better for some reason so I've sold all the others.. out of all those only had one 16'er it was a Casita and liked to have never sold that one for some reason people seem to like the little ones.. the rest was really easy to sell so I've stuck with with the little ones..I've got people that stop probably 2 times a week asking to buy one but I just can't seem to bring myself to sell any of the Trilliums....So yes I've become a HOARDER and just love to work on them from rewiring them to sewing my own cushion covers..The sewing I really don't enjoy that much I broke my back in 3 places in 2000 in a motorcycle accident and I've been on disability since due to sever back problems and the sewing really kills my back, it takes me several days to do just the front cushions but tinkering with these things really helps me keep from stiffing up or I would probably blow up to 300 lbs and no be able to do anything..When your suffering with back problems it's easy to let it get you down if you don't find something to keep you going....so I'll go tinker for a couple hours and then come in surf the internet looking for items for the campers and rest a bit....I though about renting them out in the summer but don't know if that would work or not since I know some people wouldn't take care of them as I would but might give it a try..I sold a Scamp to a member on here "Sugermc" and it was in pieces where I had taken it apart but hadn't gotten it back together at the time but she wanted it "as is", I think she's been very happy with it too..the Trillium 1300 I got from Nancy on here is really going to put me to the test I think, it's in worst shape than I though but like I've always said to my freinds if the shell's not cracked to bad everything else can be fixed or replaced and I just love bringing them back to life...One thing about having so many is I've got 3 grown kids and we have some great camping trips together..............
Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
You have at least 3 reasons to hoard or herd them then. Sometimes I wish we had managed to sell our Burro to our kids, so we could camp together, but they just did not have the space or funds. We needed the funds at the time, so we could not give them much of a deal.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #9

Registry
Talking

Quote:
One thing about having so many is I've got 3 grown kids and we have some great camping trips together..............
I'll bet you guys really turn some heads when you all show up at a campground- it sounds like a great time.
Color me green with envy!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #10

Trailer: 24 ft 5th Wheel Shadow Cruiser
And he won,t share his toys !! No wonder they are getting SOOOOOOOOhard to find a good one ?? I been watching for a good 5500 dual wheel or a really nice 4500 Trillium for over 5 years...Enjoy your HERD,,,Nice very NICE,,,,Ron
Ron Humerickhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Humerickhouse View Post
I been watching for a good 5500 dual wheel or a really nice 4500 Trillium for over 5 years...Enjoy your HERD,,,Nice very NICE,,,,Ron
Cheer up! If Randy's breeding program is successful there might be hope....
Hey, Randy: Spring is in the air! How about turning the Scamp and one of the Trilliums out to the back forty together and let Nature take its course?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you....the TRAMP!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Cheer up! If Randy's breeding program is successful there might be hope....
Hey, Randy: Spring is in the air! How about turning the Scamp and one of the Trilliums out to the back forty together and let Nature take its course?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you....the TRAMP!
Sounds like a plan I'll give it a try..the wife tells everyone the name of our place is "WE-BE-CAMPERS-N-CRAP" !!!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #13

Randy,,,I sure hope the Breeding program works !! good used eggs are very hard to find here in Michigan,,,just too cold fer um ??? Ron
You got more pics to share??
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Sounds like a plan I'll give it a try..the wife tells everyone the name of our place is "WE-BE-CAMPERS-N-CRAP" !!!!!
Just be careful where you step!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Humerickhouse View Post
Randy,,,I sure hope the Breeding program works !! good used eggs are very hard to find here in Michigan,,,just too cold fer um ??? Ron
You got more pics to share??

Yea I've got a few more pictures of some of the ones I sold that I'll post......
Old 04-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #16

Here's some pictures of a Burro I bought from the Marine Base in North Carolina along with a Scamp..They were a package deal...A couple seen some pictures I had posted somewhere on the internet, I don't really remember where.. but they saw all these setting in my yard in the picture and drove from Memphis to buy one..I wasn't really wanting to sell any at the time but they talked me into selling them the Burro before I had completed it..They e-mailed me later on telling me they had finished the camper and told me how they had traveled all over the US through the South west up through the far Northwest into Oregon and Washington state and back......
Attached Thumbnails
100_1525 Burro.jpg   100_1538 Burro.jpg  

100_1869 Burro.jpg   100_1920 Burro.jpg  

100_1921 Burro.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #17

This is a picture of the Scamp that came with the Burro, I redone it and sold it to a nice couple from Louisville Ky. They were down here visiting friends saw my campers in the yard and the husband would stop by every day for 5 days until I sold him this one just before they returned home..Later he called me and said they were going to go up through Canada in it..don't know how they did never heard from them again heck who knows they may still be up there somewhere Didn't get a chance to take pictures of it completed I guess I've looked and can't find any..
Attached Thumbnails
100_1925 Scamp.jpg   100_1926 Scamp.jpg  

Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #18

Randy thanks much for the Pics,,,i have looked at 3 Eggs here in Michigan,,,all had the same problem,,,metal frame was gone,,,I do know where there is a Compact Jr..cheap with fair frame,,but it too small 4 my needs...Ron My 5th wheel is 1/2 fiberglass,,whole front end,,& light weight too...3450#
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #19

This is pictures of my very first camper completed and ready to go ..Bought those spoked wire rims off e-bay for around $60 and the first time I carried it out I went to Kansas Pheasant hunting and they both came off the sucker crossing the Mississippi river bridge in Memphis Bought a set of White Spoked Rims from Scamp after that....Camera dates are wrong says Feb. and the trees are green or it maybe Sept. 2
Attached Thumbnails
100_0308 my scamp.jpg   100_0309 my scamp.jpg  

100_0312 my scamp.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #20

Nice Randy ,,Thanks again for the pics,,,Ron

Tags
trillium