New axle source in bc canada? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 73 Trillium 13 ft / Toyota Landcrusier HDJ81
Hi, I'm looking for a new axle for my trillium, I've tried the hitch company who is the local source for dexter and they said they were wholesale only, they referred me to Burnaby hitch who had to order from dexter in Indiana and charge me freight. Trillium in LA is willing to ship for a freight cost of $230. Trillium has been very good with me and are pricing out shipping straight from dextor indiana for me which would be cheaper. I've thought of driving to go pick it up in LA, but fuel would be $320 round trip. Anybody got any better options?
E Dyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
I just replaced an axle through a local rv shop and they dealt with Standen's out of Calgary. I am in the Okanagan.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #3

Trailer: Triple E Surfside 14 ft
Quote:
Hi, I'm looking for a new axle for my trillium, I've tried the hitch company who is the local source for dexter and they said they were wholesale only, they referred me to Burnaby hitch who had to order from dexter in Indiana and charge me freight. Trillium in LA is willing to ship for a freight cost of $230. Trillium has been very good with me and are pricing out shipping straight from dextor indiana for me which would be cheaper. I've thought of driving to go pick it up in LA, but fuel would be $320 round trip. Anybody got any better options?
Just a quick note , Standen's axles can be got from Pacific Spring in Langly one can also buy out of Washington state using 'The six Robillies" I think thats the right name PM me if you want the nearest one I think in Bellingham. You will get a better price than you have been quoted so far. Sandy
Sandy St.Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Pacific Springs has done lots of work for me, ....including axle work on on our '37Plymouth.

I know they do trailer axle work as well, give'm a call....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You might try this supplier National Trailer Parts Warehouse Ltd.
2494 South Service Road West
Swift Current, Saskatchewan S9H 5J8
P: (306) 773-4484 / F: (306) 773-6080 I haven,t dealt with them but they might be able to help. good luck!
BrynW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 73 Trillium 13 ft / Toyota Landcrusier HDJ81
Thanks for everyones help! Trillium came through and are able to have one shipped for me from indianna to suams wa for $40 freight, the only catch being I have to wait 2 weeks. I'm never too impatient to save money!
E Dyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:25 AM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
2 weeks is quick for an axle. They are usually made to order.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Trillium
Are you using one of the "mail catching" outfits like Ship Happens in Sumas to receive the axle?
I'm contemplating a new axle this year or next and wondered if this was a viable option. I'd very much like to learn how the border folks charge for something like an axle.
David Swinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I/we have a Snow Bird hot rod Buddy (now livin out in Sardis area) who uses Ship Happens on almost a daily basis. He/they will be at our semi anual Egg Meet out back side of Mission this May if you're interested in attending and/or just conversing with about 50 or so 'other' Glass Egg owners from our area!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
I'd very much like to learn how the border folks charge for something like an axle.
Under NAFTA it should be only the GST on the value - your personal exemptions.
(Hint: planning a camping trip soon?)
I assume the HST will make that a little different come July for you folk in BC as it will for us in ON.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle