New Bigfoot 17.5 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #57

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
Can you or can you not sleep double? That is the question. Well the easy question is that a 17.5 , 1984 Bigfoot gaucho has a 43" gaucho bed and a 42" bed when the dining table is folded and a 35" bunk over the guacho. You decide how much space you need to sleep on and do the math.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:35 AM   #58

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks folks - that sure gets us a whole lot closer... and Hal, keep asking those waist circumference questions and I'll just have to unplug you!

... and yes indeed, at our age, sleep really meant sleep like with our eyes closed... and after 42 years of marriage comfort means a non-snore environment versus the close "snuggie, squeezy, coochie-coo" environment (the mind is willing, but the arthritis really rebels ).

Thanks again all. Hope to see you all on the trail sometime -- we'll be the old foggies with the gtape measure measuring sleeping spaces.

Ed

Old 06-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #59

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Ed

Do you plan to tow with a truck or other vehicle? Bottom line is ...Can you tow a 5er?

Scamp and Escape are perfect for your needs (as well as an older hard to find Bigfoot 5er), although I still know a Scamp 5th wheel owner whose daughter sleeps in a tent outside. Right Nancy?

Paul
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #60

Name: Val
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Val your partner has no idea how well a Bigfoot trailer is made. If it is kept up it will be in good shape. If it hasn't been kept up, the interior is probaslly just worn and can easily be brought back to a like new condition. The exterior is fiberglass and that is why we love these trailers, they usually don't leak and hold their value. Not like a stick built that has a leak everyplace a rivit has popped out.

Paul
Hi Paul, I think after seeing some of the photos of the older BF fifth wheels, Keylagh and I are both willing to consider a well-kept-up older model. They certainly do hold their value well, and we are completely sold on fiberglass with as few rivets as possible! We are eager to see yours in person at the Gathering!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #61

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Paul:

I like the Escape and Scamp (Cuxstom Deluxe) 5ers -- but that then requires buying a truck as well. The sound of the dollars flying from my wallet starts beginning to sound like I just flushed out a whole covey of quail.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #62

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
The sound of the dollars flying from my wallet starts beginning to sound like I just flushed out a whole covey of quail.
Now that's worth remembering... I'll be using that one! It fits too many subjects in my life!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:50 PM   #63

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
For those of you looking at 5th wheel Bigfoot trailers, here's a nice 1988 for sale!

I also listed it in the referrals section with a link and photos.

Roger
Old 06-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #64

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
For those of you looking at 5th wheel Bigfoot trailers, here's a nice 1988 for sale!
Since there are no tandem 5th-wheels in the Bigfoot Album, could this one be added? It's a different interior from the one shown there, too - and an interesting layout.

Did Bigfoot really make both single and tandem 5th-wheel trailers in 1988?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #65

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Yes, they did.

Now consider this layout with twin beds in the loft. The stairs go up the center so a twin on each side that is raised up on legs to allow for storage underneath will serve two purposes.

More storage as well as not crawling all over your partner when you feel the need to get out of bed at 2:00 in the morning.

I should post pics of ours, It has the same floor plan, except for the dinning area.

Paul

Tags
bigfoot