new decals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #1

Name: Vicki
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
new decals

I'm cleaning and polishing the trailer with Meguiars products. Plus removing the old decals and adding new ones. When do I put the decals on the trailer? Before or after the wax/polishing?

thanks
Vickis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Those decals were the first things I removed when I bought my trailer back in 2008. Don't miss them 1 iota. I suppose that if you really feel you need them, you should apply them before waxing. If the trailer is already waxed the decals won't adhere well.
Attached Thumbnails
Keder Rail1.JPG  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I'd say after polishing and before waxing.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #4

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I'm wondering, anyone...When you remove the decals is there some residue left? Is the texture of the trailer sans decals smoother than the areas that have not been protected? Basically, how do you make the trailer surface uniform so you don't see any "ghost" of the decals?
Thank you.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
There may be some residual adhesive left over if the decals have been on for a while. The decals peel off effortlessly when they're new. The glue is easily removed with some paper towels dampened with Mineral Spirits. If the trailer has not been left out in the sun a lot, you may find that there is no "ghost shadow" of where the decals have been when removed. If you have mild "ghosting" you can probably blend it in with a light rubbing compound and fiberglass polish.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote