New decals? (was: stevie!!) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 06:10 AM   #1

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
New decals? (was: stevie!!)

Well friends I am just wonerin?

After seeing some of the fantastic work performed by members here on f/glass our Stevie needs some work!

Her previous owner had her for 8 years moving up to a big-foot 5th wheel. In that time he must have sort of repainted her she is a naked girl!

Stevie is sort of like Casper no decals on her anywhere. My neighbor has all the sign making equipment no I am not expecting him to do it for nothing!

So I am thinking maybe of just having Stevie put on the back and front and forget the rest of the stuff. She has aged since her sort of paint job and new decals just aren't going to look right.

what do you experts think? No I am not considering painting her either I am not that gifted and the paint shop will want tons of money for this!!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Unfortunately the Scamp font is not a standard font. You could have used Stevie instead of Scamp and put the same stripe. I spent a long time trying to find a matching font, got close but no cigar.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #3

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
bob, Your neighbor/friend who makes such things also sounds like a good resource. If you should need more, ebay has a lot of "buy now" decals and people who will custom make decals for you.

Don't let it worry you...I think you should put whatever pleases you on Stevie. There's no reason you have to put new Scamp decals on. There's no reason you have to put anything on...bare naked is beautiful, too. Some people have done artwork on their trailers...there are threads on here showing many fascinating photos.

Below is one possible design I considered for Peanut back when we were thinking of calling it "The Egg Carton" due to it's squarish appearance. That bit along the bottom is a slice of an actual egg carton for color matching.

It would've been fun to decorate it. Also considered a design of all eggs (every kind of bird, lizard, turtle, and dragons!) and calling it "Draggin' Egg" or "Dragon Egg."

But in the end we decided to be more conventional.

By the way...how old did you say you were? You did mention it somewhere, but I can't find it. You should tell us all, as I'm sure we're interested to see how old our FGRVers can get and still be able to use their rigs and the internet.

BEST
Kai
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer as egg crate bottom with big eggs upper half.jpg   Everything is going to be OK.jpg  

Old 10-20-2017, 03:36 PM   #4

Missouri
Kathy today I feel like 80 I have been putting in a new to me 12v gauge in Stevie so I can monitor voltage and 2 outlets one a cig lighter and one to charge the famous cell phone which I hate! As simple as this sounds the mechanics are killer I had back surgery you know. The surgeon said I could squat but not bend over. seruoosly!

did I say I am 75 I will be 76 in March is everyone going to send me presents then?

Do you want me to go on my depression stories and how poor I was again? We love to clip coupons, take advantage of sales, pile up airline miles for tenting trips to Europe and of course all the free camping we can find at Walmarts.

oh we are accused of being mooooochers also must be my Mo. Ozarks upbringing again!!

thanks

bob
Old 10-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #5

Registry
I don't think Kathy replied to you...still wondering how old you are...and how depressed you are, too. You don't seem depressed to me. Oh, you mean your Depression stories? Only if you want to hear all of mine, like how I used to collect dimes in my grandfather's cigar tubes and the times those dimes stood between us and no dinner...or the time we went camping and after two days looking for a grocery store or restaurant ended up sharing an old bag of French fries from under the car seat with the two of us and our dog for breakfast because we'd thought we'd buy food "on the road" but it was the wrong road for that! There used to be days when gas stations didn't include mini-marts!

On the other hand, nah, never mind, we have plenty of Depression stories of our own, including real depression stories, but never mind about all that. Seems like the least of your situation.

Though if you'll start a Depression Stories thread all by itself, it'd be a hoot to hear about everyone's frugality measures, Great Depression and recent Great Recession stories as well. At least that wouldn't interrupt whatever this thread was about any more.

Oh, wait, it was about decals--it was YOUR thread, and you interrupted yourself! Ahh, anxiety relieved! You can do whatever you want with your own thread, I think, though sometimes one of the moderators steps in and puts a halt if it's too blatant.

OK then.
Hope Kathy replies to you soonest.
How old are you again?

BEST,
Kai
(Kathleen)
Old 10-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #6

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
You can always have the graphics for brand new decals "aged" using photoshop.

I had two disc take out of my lower back in 1984, that was a long time ago and the gaps are gone and the joints deteriorating and I am still doing projects such as a full renovation on my vintage FGRV. . As I was in my lower 30s at the time I had to keep working. I learned to adapt. I have knee pads, yoga mat cushions to lie down on, stools of various heights to sit on. I have an adjustable height drummers throne with a back rest and swivel seat. Plus of course grabber claws for picking up stuff. I also have an adjustable height drafting stool.

There is a lot to be said for lying down on the job (instead of bending down)

Do you feel you deserve a special commendation for being 75 or feeling like you are 80 ?? If so you are out of luck, you only get recognized for turning 100 and you only get that letter from the President if you send in a request asking them to send you one. Otherwise they won't pay the least bit of attention to your having turned 100.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #7

Missouri
I don't really care what people post on my threads what is it worth to get disturbed about?

like is too short at least for me.

do you want to start a depression thread?

bob
Old 10-20-2017, 07:57 PM   #8

Missouri
I want a big pat on the back although I doubt you will give me one!!

good idea

bob
Old 10-21-2017, 05:47 PM   #9

Registry
bob

The big question is, do YOU want to start a depression thread? If so, go for it!

Like the threads about how people have decorated/painted the outsides of their rigs in different colors and designs, it would be a fun thread, particularly if there were pics.

So, you've celebrated your 70th birthday? Wait--that doesn't sound quite right...
Did someone suggest you were disturbed about something, the way they apparently have told you you were a moooooocher? What are you mooooooching? No, tell me on the depression thread. I assume this is a MONEY thread, not an emotional/sad/suicide depression thread, right? 'Cause you sound pretty jolly, even giddy, to me. So that would be a surprise if it was about being sad. So I figure it's about being POOR.

Kai
Old 10-22-2017, 12:59 AM   #10

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
I want a big pat on the back although I doubt you will give me one!!

good idea

bob
Here is a little pat on the head.. ... You know how it is when you go for compliments, you never know if what you catch is going to be a keeper or an old boot.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:57 AM   #11

Missouri
the point

don't get it but I am not that smart!!

bob