New Flooring-Laminate or Vinyl - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #41

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
I purchased 2 rolls of cork at RONA , it's packaged in the tile format as we all know . The size i got is 1/8" x 36" x 96" and the cost is just over 40 dollars .
Thanks, Perry. For some reason I didn't see this when you first posted it. Too bad it's not a little bit wider, but 3' x 8' at least means there wouldn't be a whole bunch of seams.

If you have it in the Boler, I'd love to see what it looks like

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #42

Quote:
....... Cork is fabulous! i did my whole trailer for 20$ from a habitat for humanity store. it only took 2 boxes. it's light, insulates, and smooth so it cleans up easily...the pic doesnt show a lot of the floor but i am too lazy to dig out the disks.
Oh, pretty please? I can only see just the tiniest bit of flooring in your photo, and I'd love to see what it really looks like.

Too much yellow? How could that be (Hee - I love those gold/yellow Bolers.)

Raya
Old 08-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #43

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Oh, pretty please? I can only see just the tiniest bit of flooring in your photo, and I'd love to see what it really looks like.

Too much yellow? How could that be (Hee - I love those gold/yellow Bolers.)

Raya
the inside was way too much with the floor, seats, and the cupboards. luckily there was ensolite or it would have been 100% yellow. here's the finished floor.
Attached Thumbnails
glass_eggs_08_097.JPG   glass_eggs_08_098.JPG  

cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #44

Yeah, I was teasing about "How could there be too much yellow?" because it's rather amazing just how yellow those gold bolers are. Classic late 70's! They really should have made some in that poppy red/orange color of all those free-standing trumpet shaped fireplaces

Thanks so much for digging up those photos. I'll have to check out the Re-Store (never been there, as a nearby one just opened recently, but a friend shops at her local one pretty often).

Can you tell a bit about what that molding is you used around the edges, and how you affixed it?

Thanks again,
Raya
Old 08-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #45

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Yeah, I was teasing about "How could there be too much yellow?" because it's rather amazing just how yellow those gold bolers are. Classic late 70's! They really should have made some in that poppy red/orange color of all those free-standing trumpet shaped fireplaces

Thanks so much for digging up those photos. I'll have to check out the Re-Store (never been there, as a nearby one just opened recently, but a friend shops at her local one pretty often).

Can you tell a bit about what that molding is you used around the edges, and how you affixed it?

Thanks again,
Raya
i used corner bead (?) i think that's what it's called- opposite of cove molding. i stuck it on with contact cement on both the molding and trailer sides and i filled the gaps with caulking. it seemed to have a few gaps here and there, maybe b/c of the curve of the trailer. i love restore, it is perfect for bolers b/c of how much inventing we need to do. they have so many supplies.
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #46

Thanks, Cyndi
Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #47

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Every thing I have read about laminate flooring, it is very durable, but moisture is a killer. It's ok if you keep the spills wiped up. I have 1000 sq. ft. in my house and never had a problem, but I am careful with spills and wet. I never put it in the kitchen or bathrooms. I would go with the vinyl.
I have found that the laminate flooring works well if two coats of liquid industrial grade floor wax is applied after installation. This will permanently fill and seal the tiny spaces between the "boards".
Clean-up is also easy since you can restore the shine any time by putting a couple of caps of the wax in a bucket of water and wipe the floor with the solution.
One thing...... the wax is tough stuff and the initial application should be to a CLEAN surface to avoid the suspension of dirt or debris in the coating.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #48

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
I have Trillium Jubilee ( 1980 ).
Last summer I replaced the floor of vinyl, tiles 12 " X 12 ", by Traffic Master Allure, bought at Home Depot.
I have a rifle warming for cleaning which I used to remove the old tiles.
Do attention near cupboards for not not warmed the finish...
I did not remove the old glue of tiles, because this one served to fix the new floor.
When completed, I put a joint with the silicone all around, to prevent the water from infiltrating if ever some water would be accidentally escaped on the floor.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #49

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
We put allure planks in my husband's home office and its bathroom several years ago. It's easy to clean, doesn't mark up from the chair rolling around and constant traffic, and still looks like brand new.
We liked it so much I chose a different brand of LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile is what the salesman called it, but it was on sale for $3 and change a square foot) for the garage entry to our house, and the garage closet, in a deep brown/gunstock color to complement the cork floors on the upper floor. The new LVT "clicked" together, no glue strips, so it floats on the floor, and is even thicker than the allure we used before. It looks like hardwood, and I couldn't scratch it up with my keys or a bottle opener when I tried it on the samples. I'd use it in a heartbeat on a trailer floor.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #50

Name: Susan
Trailer: In the market
Manitoba
Registry
Has anyone had any information or experiences with a heated floor; one that could be powered by solar as well as another heat source? I would dearly love to use my trailer in rather colder weather.
Dustmote is offline   Reply With Quote