New Scamp 5th Wheel owner needs help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2007, 06:11 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe / 2006 Tundra V8

Name:   P5160007small.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  36.3 KB
Hello,
Are there any Scamp 5thWheel owners here in TN? Bought a 2005 19' 5thwheel with oak wood cabinets last month. Looking for advice on where to have it serviced here in Nashville. Camping World basically told me they don't work on something this small!!!! Guess I need a $1,500,000 Country Music Touring bus.
Brenda Ferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom Deluxe
This place looks like they will work on your new toy. Do a search for Nashville RV service.

http://www.chadscampingcenter.com/wst_page8.html
Mike-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:50 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Brenda, maybe you should not consider Camping World when you need one of their small and "low cost items" and I use that term tonque in cheek, I used to be a big supporter of CW but I have also noticed their increasing arrogance as they have expanded. I may be wrong but it does seem they really are more and more orienting toward the big spenders and big rv units. I guess they gotto go where they perceive money is- I wonder with fuel prices steadily increasing if this orientation will work for them long term. Martin
Martin D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:59 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Congrats on the nice looking 5th. We stayed in Watkins Glen N.Y. at the K.O.A. two Bolers adjacent sites my Brothers and Ours... The nice Lady in the K.O.A. office kept refering to us as "The Little People" so get used too it!!! Maybe you could add lifts to the suspension so your trailer is taller???Size really does matter
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #5

Thanks guys!!I knew I could count on someone giving advice. I actually have used Chad's for my 1st camper-a Coleman Sante Fe popup. I didn't realize they worked on 5th wheels. They are really nice folks there too. I'm calling as soon as I get off the computer. Thanks again.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Brenda, maybe you should not consider Camping World when you need one of their small and "low cost items" and I use that term tonque in cheek, I used to be a big supporter of CW but I have also noticed their increasing arrogance as they have expanded. I may be wrong but it does seem they really are more and more orienting toward the big spenders and big rv units. I guess they gotto go where they perceive money is- I wonder with fuel prices steadily increasing if this orientation will work for them long term. Martin
Thanks Martin. Man, I'll be shopping elsewhere. Maybe Chad's.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:14 AM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
The host at Heart Bar refers to me as the woman with the Baby Trailer "Will there be more baby trailers with you this time? They are so CUTE" (Wait til she sees what I pull in with tomorrow )

Anyway..

CW in San Bernardino does glass.. weird. I have seen a couple different Casitas when I have gone in there over the years.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:13 AM   #8

Hey Gina,
I've always heard CA is way more progressive than TN. It must be true
Old 05-18-2007, 07:57 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I actually have used Chad's for my 1st camper-a Coleman Sante Fe popup. I didn't realize they worked on 5th wheels.
I think you're making more of this than it actually is....I doubt you'll ever have the "Scamp" part of the trailer ever worked on....after all that's only the fiberglass part. EVERYTHING else from the axle to the appliances to the windows to the tires/wheels are made by someone else and those are standard RV parts....any RV place including Camping World works on that stuff. The only problem you may run into is if someone needs to do some welding...being around the fiberglass may scare them....go to a boat place to have the "fiberglass" fixed.

So, if the refrigerator goes out...don't ask if they work on Scamp trailers...ask if they work on (brand name) RV refrigerators....

When I purchased my trailer...it was years old and I wanted all the systems checked out..from the furnaces to the 3-way refrigerator, etc. I made an appointment at the local RV repair place...they didn't ask what brand and I didn't volunteer the info...because it wasn't about the manufacturer, it was about the parts.

Your mileage may vary.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #10

Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Is that a Ford Sport Trac pulling that S19? I have been looking for a new tow vehicle and I had considered the Sport Trac because of the 4 doors but thought the wheel base may have been not wide enough and I wasn't sure of the towing capacity. Do you know what the towing capacity limit is? How many miles have you towed the Scamp and tell me what you think of the handling please. Just wondering, I may be in the market for one.

Blair

McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe
Hi Brenda,

Welcome to Scamp 5th wheel ownership! I saw your hitch question on Yahoo Scampers and can understand why you need some guidance. If you could post some of those pictures here it will give the others a chance to give you some feedback.

I can tell you what you have has been modified on the Scamp and I've never seen anything like the hitch in the truck bed. Hopefully the others can give you a hand once they see your pictures.

Good luck.
Nita
Nita F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to ddayton
Hey Blair - take a look over on SCAMPERS, she posted several photos of her rig there. It has a very different custom hitch.

I posted a reply to her there before seeing this post.

Don
ddayton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp