New Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #15
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by Shadow56 View Post
. My first and only inside project will be to add a shelf over the front dinette, making a pattern is going to be the hardest part, figured trying making one from the cushions.

Cut out a piece of cardboard that is roughly to the shape of the front of the trailer and they use a compass with a pencil on it to trace out the wall onto the cardboard. There is a good example of doing this on the Casita Forum - Template for Curved Walls.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #16
Name: Russ & Vivian
Trailer: Scamp
Thanks Carol, not a cabinet maker, did not think of that. Another question, even thought the carpet looks like new I was thinking of Alure, can I install it right over top of the carpet?

Shadow56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #17
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
I guess it depends on what type of floor you are putting down but personally I would pull the carpet out as I suspect most others have done. There is the weight issue of having both wood and carpet down, as well as the issue of what type of wood flooring and how it connects to itself to consider - probable best to ask a floor expert on whether or not leaving the carpet in place will do any harm. The carpet should if original be pretty simple to remove - any places glued can often be taken up with a putty knife.

Use the search function on this site - use the Google option at the very bottom of the drop down menu for best results for posts and pictures of wood floor installs.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #18
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
Russ take the carpet out. I installed carpet back in the day and can't see any wood or vinyl working over carpet, even a straight glue down with no padding like furniture stores do.

Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote