New Trillium 1300 Owner (1976) - Some Assorted Questions - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #15

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Okay, but I hope two of those jack stands are supporting the frame right behind the axle mounting brackets, and it's not just supported at the ends on the four jacks which are visible in the photos. These trailers' frames are not intended to carry the whole weight of the trailer across that span, especially for any length of time or with anyone walking inside.
...I would like to clarify myself about the Trillium support jack stands. At home, my Trill. is supported by total 6 jack stands: 2 rear ones, and a front one( I have 2 at front end, one with wheel for moving) from the Trill. itself, another pair of separated stands right at axle( on the frame though), and one extra, separate one in front end. In the photo of camping, due to the camping ground which is not level, I did support by only one extra stand at the right side of the Trill. to keep it level. The other side had no support at and the wheel standing on ground besides 2 rear support jacks from Trillium itself. Thanks for all inputs...

Old 07-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #16

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike on the Bog View Post
Good -- so other than my miswiring of the rear (currently yellow) lights, and finding some replacement lenses, I'm all set. Dare I ask -- for Canadians, are there good sources for parts such as replacement lenses?
Princess Auto is the best place for most things for you trailer, including marker lights. I have purchased LED tail lights, and LED marker lights there.
LED tail lights for Trilliums on sale in June 2012
The LED tail lights are on sale now:
8V Submersible LED Trailer Light Kit | Princess Auto
Marker Lights. Not LED, but same lenses as many Trilliums:
4 x 1 in. Red Bullseye Clearance/Marker Light | Princess Auto

Quote:
That's the unit that I have! Can't confirm it works (I haven't tested it yet) but I plan to test the unit this weekend (and do a bit of general maintenance/cleaning on it at the same time). Well, I'm happy that *one thing* in my trailer makes me 'lucky' (the wiring left me feeling that the previous owners were lucky for not having had a fire).
Rodre has been looking for this fan for a long time. Mine came with a furnace I purchased from kijiji. It has it's own converter in it. You could conceivably power your 12VDC lights from it.

Quote:
I like the idea of going solar, and perhaps skipping the whole converter route all-together.
See above.

Quote:
I saw more vents than I understood what they were there for (I saw the heater's vents, but yes, there were others that I assumed were for the fridge. Let me send pictures over the weekend.
The furnace vent should be to the rear of the fridge vents. Typically two vents, one above the other. The bottom one opens with thumb screws. It is necessary to open the bottom one to light an RM211.

Quote:
Dare I ask how difficult it is to install this as a retro-fit, or am I better to have this professionally done by someone?
It all depends on if you have the square brake mounting plates on your axle or not. If not, then you are probably better off to replace the axle with one that has brakes. This costs about $1000 in Calgary.
Brake mounting flange?

Quote:
Folks: thank you so much for the guidance.
You are welcome!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #17

Ontario
...As promise, today with nice weather, I did my Trillium paint job outdoor. Total labour from beginning including masking, mixing the paint, paint it 2 coats and clean up...it took me 3 hours. Total cost of the paint is...less than 150$Canadian. For those who love pictures...I will post more after touch up, and completely finish paint job. Cheer!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG684.jpg   IMG685.jpg  

IMG686.jpg   IMG687.jpg  

IMG688.jpg   IMG690.jpg  

IMG691.jpg   IMG692.jpg  

Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #18

Ontario
...Another camping trip....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG699.jpg   IMG700.jpg  

IMG704.jpg  
Old 08-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #19

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
What's with the handles on each front corner ?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #20

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRJR View Post
What's with the handles on each front corner ?
...They are just for...grabbing to push or pull into a narrrow driveway of my backyard...lol

Tags
trillium