Newbie - with new "to me" Merry Miler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2017, 08:39 PM   #21

Name: Bill
Trailer: Merry Miler
Louisiana
I have an opportunity to purchase a Merry Miler like the one you have pictured here.
Can you either send me pictures of the interior or post them here?

bill_beauregard@hughes.net

The one I'm looking at has been gutted completely.
Biobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #22

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biobill View Post
I have an opportunity to purchase a Merry Miler like the one you have pictured here.
Can you either send me pictures of the interior or post them here?

bill_beauregard@hughes.net

The one I'm looking at has been gutted completely.
Bill, the original post is from 2009 and the last post from the owner was 2009. Hope you get an answer, but it's a longshot. Best of luck with your project.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:01 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Again, a long shot, but you could try to send a personal message to the OP. FGRV site will send him an email alerting him that there is a message.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
It's a very attractive-looking shell. If the price were good, it seems like a great candidate for a small camper of your design- no need to follow the original. Check condition of the frame, axle, floor, and windows.

Most small, rear-entry trailers of that size have a similar layout: large dinette/bed in front, galley left of rear door; storage, fridge, sometimes toilet or porta-potty on right. The width determines whether the dinette bed is set up for longways or crossways sleeping, but longways is nicer. You could look up Hunter Compact, Trailswest Campster, Havasu, and Little Joe trailers in the archives for ideas.

In the end you can do what you want. Make sure you use lightweight, RV-appropriate materials and construction techniques, and provide for some floor-to-ceiling shell support on both sides. Pay attention to left-right and fore-aft balance in your design.

Do you have a garage or workshop, tools, and experience with plumbing and wiring? Rebuilding a gutted shell is a big project requiring a substantial investment in time and money. It's almost never the cheapest path to trailer ownership, but it can be very satisfying for the right person.

If you decide to take this on, please start a rebuild thread!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:12 PM   #25

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Very nice find there, pretty sure it is a very rare unit. I host the Eggs on the Hiawassee Rally in May and would love for you to come to this event, I really enjoy having the vintage ones attend.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote