Northern lite Hybrid.....found one - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #15

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Kathy C.,
We are no different than everyone else when it comes to expressing our feelings for our fiberglass TT. We love her and she has been extensively customized to fit our needs so that we couldn't consider a replacement. Most of the normal extra bells and whistles, two different frame alterations, 3000 watt Yamaha generator converted to propane and on and on.

We are in the throes of a major remodel of our home (nearly doubling it's size) and "Nuestra Casita" has been functioning as the bedroom for many months. We interrupted
construction be taking a 4000+ mile, 5 week trip through California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana in June and July. We also got away for a week-end to camp with friends at a favorite campground less than an hour from home. Now trying to convince Ann that we should make it to the Lake Casitas Rally the end of the month, but we'll see if it works out.

Back to your dream. You might try printing some on-line ads showing size, age, condition and prices. Once you've seen the inside you can also make a list of obvious things which are going to cost you money to fix. Tires, battery, things which don't work, painting or polishing if needed, greasing wheel bearings, cracked windows, etc. can all affect the price.

We hope your efforts are successful and you are able to obtain it without too much stretching of your budget.

Kurt & Ann K.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #16

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Kathy, what's the latest? Enquiring minds want to know!

$7500 is probably NOT unreasonable for a '99 in reasonably good condition. Northern Lite and Bigfoot are cousins... probably share some kind of relationship in that somebody left one to start the other or something. They're very similar in design (except, of course for the canvas end in the Northern Lite). Anyway, my point is that if it's as high quality unit as Bigfoot is, that price is about what they're going for. Check out the prices of recent used Bigfoot sales!

Happy negotiating!

Roger

Old 10-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Kurt ( Hang in there with the remodeling!) and Roger,

My husband has left the guy a message, and waiting to hear back. The unit is still there, I looked yesterday when going into town. It seems solid, but not in that great of condition for its age and is why I felt that it was over priced, especially since it is a discontinued mfg.

I have been pricing small RV's, and sorry to say that many people think their used items are worth more than they really are and then just sit, when you can purchase brand new for a few dollars more w/ warranty - parts availability and not needing a crystal ball/knowing what that units history is. Especially if a unit has been sitting.

Have been waiting to hear back from Casita. I sent an email asking 11 questions on the 5th, since their brochure and website didn't have the answers. I like to do it that way because I don't like the phone! I know....silly! May just have to do that. I just don't want to get salespitched!

Thank you again for the replies! I appreciate it very much!
Old 10-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #18

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Iowa
Feel free to give Casita a call. I think you'll find that the last thing on the minds at either Casita or Scamp is a sales pitch. They'll answer your questions and take your money when you're ready, but I don't recall ever hearing about any high pressure tactics from either company. They just don't need to; both have waiting lists for their products with deposits taken.

Roger
Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #19

Thanks again Roger!
Glad to hear no pressure. I will give them a buzz.
Kathy
Old 10-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #20

Well guys,
I was shopping yesterday a good 2.5 hrs away from home checking out different brands. Received a phone call from the Northwood owner. My husband had left a message saying about what we would offer on it.
We are going to check it out at 4:00 tomorrow!!
Keeping fingers crossed! Wish me luck!
I really don't want to tent camp and this will give me 2 weeks to get it ready.

I see a buffer job in my future!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:08 AM   #21

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Kathy C.,
????????????????????,
Holding my breath and turning bluuuuue.

Kurt & Ann K.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:53 PM   #22

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
where is it? Wher's the pictures?

Tags
northern lite