Oliver FGRV - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2008, 07:26 AM   #21

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Sherry,

Thanks for the report on the loving care the Oliver crew is giving my Wonder Egg. They really are doing a class act for me . . . I am going to ask them all to sign the finished product (perhaps somewhere in the closet) so I can "carry them all with me" as I travel.

I agree about the double pane windows - energy goes both ways. That heat pouring in through single pane windows here in Texas during the summer can be rather toasty.

Seeing as I have relatives up near Ocala and friends down on Marco Island, you & Paul are right between the two. A meeting is a real possibility. Perhaps we could also coordinate travels and meet for a mini-rally!

Pete

ps 2 more photos are up! What you are looking at is the inner top fiberglass shell with some aluminum-foil shielding for the cell phone amplifier antennas. (And no... I do NOT wear a tinfoil hat!!!)
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:25 PM   #22

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
I hereby respectfully request a picture of your Volvo/Oliver Rig. Here or in the "Rigs"thread, whichever suits you best, at your earliest convenience, please. [b]Because we love pictures!
Oh, and because I am a Volvo fan. Thank you for your consideration!

Best,

Clive
244GL and 245DL
Hi, Clive,
I've never posted a picture on this forum before, so let's see if this works... We've hitched up the little Oliver to the Volvo XC90, and are ready to load up and leave the delivery bay. It really was a fun trip home... just too short!

Sherry

(EDIT: please do not link to outside images. Up load here.)
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #23

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Pete,
My hubby and I took a tour of the Oliver plant today and saw your "baby!" You are going to be so pleased! The top outer layer is sitting next to the rest of your egg waiting to be added on. We also saw your solar panel and antenna. That is going to be one cool egg!

We were very impressed with the workmanship of these trailers. There is so much attention to detail and I really like their options. The company is also very open to customizing any way the buyer wants. I think they're going to do very well and I hope we can get one someday too!

Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #24

Sandra,

Thanks for the report on my baby . .

I anticipate Oscar the Smiley Dog & I will head out to Hohenwald in about two weeks. I plan to get the briefing and kick the tires on a Monday, stay overnight a couple nights on Jim Oliver's property where he has set up a typical campsite and have a shakedown cruise to teach this newbie a thing or two, and play some music on my Native American flutes & Irish Pennywhistles, read some books, hang out with Oscar, then hit the road back to the Texas Hill Country.

Hopefully, our first outing will be the Texas Bluebonnet rally which is only about 35 miles from our nest.

I've been having fun the last few days buying items to outfit the Wonder Egg!

Pete
Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #25

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Hi, Clive,
I've never posted a picture on this forum before, so let's see if this works... We've hitched up the little Oliver to the Volvo XC90, and are ready to load up and leave the delivery bay. It really was a fun trip home... just too short!

Sherry

(EDIT: please do not link to outside images. Up load here.)
Hi Sherry;
Thanks for the attempt. Please upload the photos to the site as Mike directed. I would love to see them.
Best,
Clive
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #26

Registry
Ok if all else fails, go back and read the directions...

Let's try it again, Clive!

Here we are in the delivery bay loading up the Oliver for the first trip...
Attached Thumbnails
trailer.jpg  
Old 03-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #27
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Beautiful!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #28

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Ok if all else fails, go back and read the directions...

Let's try it again, Clive!

Here we are in the delivery bay loading up the Oliver for the first trip...
Thanks for taking the time to post that! It's a great looking rig you have there. Wishing you many (happy) adventures with it!
Best,
Clive
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #29

More pictures have materialized on the photobucket album . . . woohoo!

Oliver Photos
- a shot of the interior front of the outer shell showing the extra support for the antenna and the front solar panel mounts. You can also see they've affixed the antenna cable securely as it works its way back . . .

- the coolest fabricated antenna bracket ever . . . strong and angled perfectly for a vertical receiver / transmitter antenna to the cell phone signal amplifier

- 2 pics of a modification to the upper rear superstructure. This "bump" is to level my a/c. Because I've asked Oliver to add the cell phone antenna and 100w solar panel on top of the trailer, they had to move back the air vent and the a/c, placing the rear of the a/c over a downslope. The bump overcomes the downslope and supports the aft placement of my a/c unit.

- 2 pics of an a/c unit on an Oliver without the modified bump, for contrast.

About my a/c, I've asked Oliver not to put the strong Duo-Therm unit on . . . instead, I am requesting the Coleman Polar Cub. I've asked for this so I could run the a/c with a Honda EU2000I and for a longer compressor run time to facilitate removal of moisture from the trailer.

During my last conversation with Robert, he mentioned a recent modification for another Oliver buyer, a propane quick connect mounted near the curbside of the bumper run from the front tanks for use on a portable gas grill. Well, I couldn't help myself and asked if they could incorporate it on my Wonder Egg and Robert uttered those oh so familiar words: "Why SURE!"

Pickup date is now slated for 24 March, still in time to get it back to Texas for the Bluebonnet Rally. It'll also give my badly busted elbow time to heal (trees, ladders, and chain-saws just don't mix well - but that's a story for another time )
Old 03-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #30

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
Quote:
Here's some info from the manufacturer about the Lizard Skin Insulation
Found this very intersting thread on making your own Lizard skin

Alternative to Lizard skin discussion
Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #31

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Found this very intersting thread on making your own Lizard skin
Most interesting... especially the cost savings over commercial Lizard Skin... and the gun to apply it. Thanks for sharing the link George. This is exactly the reason forums such as FiberglassRV are great!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:07 AM   #32

Cool

Quote:
Most interesting... especially the cost savings over commercial Lizard Skin... and the gun to apply it. Thanks for sharing the link George. This is exactly the reason forums such as FiberglassRV are great!
It does look like a potential cost savings. One thing to check out is how well you can use adhesives on top of it after it dries . . . if you notice on the production photos of my trailer, there are areas where the Lizard Skin was not applied. I asked why this was so and was told the Lizard Skin properties interfere with the adhesive used to put the two fiberglass shells together, so they leave spaces to optimize the work of the glue.

A few more production photos have been posted. You'll see Jason giving me options of where to put the tag since my tire cover will have a custom graphic applied. The interesting photos are of the top shell being set in place. The bar is pushing in on the top shell while the suction cups are pulling out on the bottom shell in order to give the best seal.

Pete

ps Pick up date - March 24 - can't wait!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #33

More photos on the care of my Wonder Egg during gestation are up!

- a couple side shots from the outside (my favorite being the curbside view) you can see there's not much room for anything else up there . . .

- photos of the galley front panel in production

- closet rod and mounts (very strong)

- amplifier antenna mounted in the rear, street-side corner underneath the cabinets

- swivel reading light under cabinet near support bar

- setting the top shell . . . the bar pushes in a the suction cups pull out to get the best possible seal

- options for placement of the tag since I'll have a custom tire cover graphic
Old 03-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #34

The custom made front mural has arrived at the Oliver plant !

see it at: http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii12 ... 20Trailer/

"Honor the Sacred" is a canvas print by the artist Katy Hatt, of Show Low, Arizona. Her artwork may be found at . . .

http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_2735 ... tfolio.htm

I was looking throughout the web for just the right picture to grace the front of the Wonder Egg when I came upon Kathy's work. I purchased one of her original 8 x 10 canvas prints and asked for her permission to have an enlarged mural made for my trailer.

After explaining the recent passing of my sweetheart, Lynn, my upcoming retirement, and my desire to find solace and solitude in the great splendor of the outdoors, Kathy graciously gave permission for a one of a kind mural to be made.

I placed the print on a photocopy stand and used a Nikon D40 digital camera to accurately capture the image which was then emailed to the Oliver graphics shop for creation of the mural.

I feel that it will set the perfect atmosphere for my journeys.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 AM   #35

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Pete... WOW!!! Now thats PERSONALIZED...
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #36

Pete,
The mural will be the perfect finishing touch! May you have many years of happy journeys in the Wonder Egg!
Sandra
Old 03-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #37

Registry
That is beautiful... Thanks for sharing...Many happy trails to you....
Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #38

The Wonder Egg will be born Monday morning, March 24th at 9am in Hohenwald, TN!

Robert's digital camera has been busy today . . . more pics are up on the wonder egg. Finishing touches are happening today!

Go to photobucket and see:

- generator / multi-function basket, sturdy aluminum!

- swivel lamp with rheostat control

- Robert & technicians signing in on a piece of the trailer (cargo hold cover)

- dual Optima batteries & wash station, note the nice finish on the door interior

- tire cover graphic

- interior shots to include the thermostat controls

- Solar Charge Controller up close and placement overview

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii12 ... 20Trailer/

61 more hours!!!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #39

Okay, Pete, we want to hear all about it now that you have your Wonder Egg! Congratulations and happy trails!
Sandra
Old 05-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #40

Sandra,

A blog of my "Wonder Egg" journeys can be found at:

http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

Feel free to take a look and leave comments as you see fit. I've been out a few times since purchasing the Wonder Egg and have had a lot of fun, met a lot of great people, and done a good bit of quality relaxing After retirement in a couple of months, the entries will surely increase in number and frequency.

See ya'll on the road!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
oliver