Oliver FGRV - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #41

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
How cool to see the Wonder Egg on the road after seeing it "half cooked" in the factory! It's a knockout!

I'm glad to see you got to visit Sam Houston Jones State Park--I have cousins who live within a couple of miles of there. We've thought about taking Eggbert for a visit & staying at the park. Nice travel blog!

Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #42

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
What price range are the Olivers running????
Randya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #43

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
What price range are the Olivers running????
Elite=$29,500 base
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:10 AM   #44

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
Quote:
Elite=$29,500 base

Randya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #45

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Unhappy

Quote:
Elite=$29,500 base

Be still, my heart! Wow, Olivers sound so totally great, right up to that point. Guess I'll have to wait for a used one in about 20 years; by then it might be affordable.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #46

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Honestly, from everything I read about them. I think they are worth it! I ask myself why we didn't buy one all the time. Not that I don't like the Casita we purchased in July. It's just that I think the quality and thought process that they put into the Oliver is of a higher standard. For us, due to Dh's illness (Alzheimers) , there was a need to get it done now so he could enjoy it now! though it's a struggle, and also the thought that he may not be able to camp much longer, so having that kind of money tied up into a trailer that may not get used after a year or two made no sense for me at time. Again, it's not that I don't like the Casita, but after several trips there are things I think could be of better quality. And the flippen dump, makes me a crazy person. I am a women, I and I know I could have designed it better! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #47

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
By the way, the "base" Oliver Legacy comes very nicely equipped for $25,750.

The 29,500 number is for the Elite model, which gives you a bunch of extra frills. You can add and delete options to your heart's content, so you can actually get the price down lower if you can do without things like satellite TV receiver, etc.

We picked up our Oliver Legacy Elite back on July 30 - and after living in it full time for over a month now, we could not be happier. The quality is amazing, the extras are amazing and the Oliver crew are simply fantastic - and after having many other fiberglass RV owner's tour ours over the past few weeks, we've gotten consistent feedback that the extra cost is so worth it - such as larger water tanks, double hull, gel coat, insulation, etc.

Each Oliver coming off the line is highly customized - down to the customer picking out the floor tile, cushion fabric (any 52" wide fabric in the world), table and storage cover colors, etc. On ours, we even spec'd a double solar panel system on the roof and spec'd the electrical system down to the gauge wire.

- Cherie
www.technomadia.com

Cherie Ve Ard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #48

Cherie, did you get a weight when you picked up your new trailer? Any idea if Oliver will go the other route and de-customize the trailer with hardly any options in order to get a lower price? I wonder if they would let you purchase mainly the shell like egg-camper does. I don’t have the money now so I didn't want to waste their time asking the company. If you ever hear through the grapevine let us know. Take care.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #49

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Cherie, did you get a weight when you picked up your new trailer? Any idea if Oliver will go the other route and de-customize the trailer with hardly any options in order to get a lower price? I wonder if they would let you purchase mainly the shell like egg-camper does. I don't have the money now so I didn't want to waste their time asking the company. If you ever hear through the grapevine let us know. Take care.
No, unfortunately we didn't have time to get the weight, as we were on a fast track to get loaded up and headed across country to Burning Man. We estimate that ours likely weighs about 3200-3400 lbs, given the base estimated weight plus options we selected.

My impression of Oliver is that they'll work with you to get exactly what you want. I do know they'll take options off or downscale (we took a few options off our selves - such as removing the satellite receiver, AV-system and microwave - and then scaling the AC unit down in size to run off a Honda 2000 generator).

However, there may be some items that they consider finishing touches that they won't be willing to send an Oliver out the door with - as each Oliver on the road as they do want to maintain an image of producing a high quality and finished product. I'm not sure how stripped down they'll go.. but I'll inquire next time we're talking with Robert. But don't hesitate to give them a call and ask - they're super friendly and won't consider your call a waste of time at all. I do know that up until a few months ago, they had a fairly base model available that was price comparable to a decked out Casita.

- Cherie
Cherie Ve Ard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #50

I have been in contact with a Oliver owner that has weighed his recently and it was 3900lbs with a 340 tongue weight. I was very surprised and disappointed to hear that.
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver