Our new Trilly 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #1

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Our new Trilly 2

Just posting a few pics of our new 1976 Trillium as I know David wanted to include in his updated serial # list.
Good bones just need to change a few past owner mods - door hinge and outdoor outlet which made me cringe! New tires, few new plastic outlet covers, make a rock guard and a polish and we will be great, already camped a night in it. It had a tire cover with the Trillium logo on that seemed to be original, unfortunately it was disintegrating.
Also need to relocate battery from under front gaucho at some point.
Have new 'original' tail lights on order and will add LED innards.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1272.JPG   IMG_1271.JPG  

IMG_1273.JPG   IMG_1274.JPG  

IMG_1275.JPG   IMG_1276.JPG  

IMG_1283.JPG   IMG_1285.JPG  

IMG_1284.JPG  

Old 05-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I just had to turn down the gama correction

Bright light! BRIGHT LIGHT!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Clipboard01.jpg  

Old 05-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #3

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Congrats! Super nice and clean. Enjoy.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #4

British Columbia
Don't know what the gamma correction is but it worked well
It was dim light or nothing!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:42 AM   #5

Alberta
Registry
OK, I will get it out of the way. No rock guard. Bummer, what do you plan to do?
Otherwise, SCORE! The fibreglass looks to be in excellent shape, as well as all the lights. I am not sure they had a formal Deluxe model for the 1300's, but your trailer is what I would call, loaded, other the a kitchen window.

Installed options, (in no particular order):
-Fridge, an RM211, I believe
-Furnace
-Converter, and the DC lights that go with it
-Shelves, front and back. A really good place to put those lights
-Dual propane tanks
-Escape hatch, on the correct end
-Original tail lights, which appear to be flawless
-Door window
-The wood block that the upper bunk bar mounts to is under the Ensolite, good if you want one.
-Door in gaucho, weird that it is not the porta potty garage. You can add that easy, but do you match the existing mac tak, or go for new doors all the way around? That one is on my list, some nice 1/4” plywood.
-Silver ware drawer, the original front is just some wood paneling with a knob. Easy to duplicate.
-You have a three door closet, what do you think you will put in that bottom door? It is so shallow that I was thinking spices. Kinda low though.

PO Mods:
-There is a duplex receptacle beside the lower fridge vent. I suspect that it was for a generator on a male – male cord, as far in the bush as the cord will take it. If you plan to use it for that, there should be a 15A circuit breaker where it terminates inside. Also the use of a male – male cord is sort of dangerous. You should plug it into the trailer first, then the generator. That way you don't have hot electrodes in your hand. That is assuming that the trailer is not already energized, by it being already plugged into shore power, on the other side. Then the male - male cord is just a bad idea.
-Did you notice the little rock guards on the amber clearance lights? Practical, unless he drilled holes in the trailer to mount them. No sure they would be legal, kinda defeats the purpose.
-The cushions have been recovered.
-Not sure the curtains go with the cushions.
-The floor looks to be in good shape
-You will need a new hinge for the door, maybe get a matching set.

Issues:
-The Ensolite has separated in the front road side upper corner. This, as you know, is not rare. There are fixes, but I have never done any of them, yet. Are there any other spots? Maybe the whole road side rear corner? All the trim on the Ensolite looks smooth. Did you do that, or the PO?

OK, that's all I see. I like it.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #6

British Columbia
Thanks for your feedback David.
For any newbies who think ‘boy, tough crowd when you buy a trailer’ I asked David aka 'Trillium guru' for his honest feedback.
Rock guard – I am torn between leaving as is as I like seeing right through when we are driving but will probably make a new one with lexan and the Trillium logo in middle. I know not original but hopefully will still look good. Unless you have a lead on an original one Will have to make a new frame, hinge and arms are still there.
The drivers side tail light has a broken bit on top – just cosmetic but I have ordered some replacements while you can still get them.
I think I could put a porta potti in the under gaucho cupboard if I took out the PO added drawers, Silverware drawer is original I believe.
Yes, not sure yet what to put in lower closet door.
My hubby is good with electrical so will get him to investigate the rogue outlet. Will have to replace it with something to fill the hole! Yes, the marker light rock guards have unfortunately been drilled.
Eventually the cushions, covers and curtains will be replaced , apparently the original cushion overs are under the grey ones.
Only one new door hinge in budget so hopefully it doesn’t look too out of place.
Yes, ensolite has separated in both upper corners and a little below, it’s pretty good everywhere else though. It came with smooth trim – bonus.
Attached Thumbnails
trilly 2 1.JPG   trilly 2 3.JPG  

Old 05-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #7

Alberta
Registry
Was I over critical? I really like your trailer.

No leads on a rock guard, but I have been thinking lately, Its not like the stuff it is made of can't be found. I should take one apart and do some drawings. Maybe we can fab some up.

I just tried to call Joe Thoen, but I guess he is busy. I will try later. Maybe he has another one.

Those drawers gotta go. If you are going to put in the porta potty garage door, let me know, and I will get more measurements then you will need.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #8

British Columbia
No, not at all I loved the feedback. I was just thinking if someone just joined and doesn't realise that we go into every little detail on our trailers!

Please keep me updated on any rock guard developments
I will let you know if we decide to go the porta potti route and I need more details.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #9

Name: Ken
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
Registry
This is pretty much identical to ours. We also have those drawers in the front and I am really "on the fence" regarding keeping or ditching them.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #10

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Congrats on the 1976 Trillium.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #11

Alberta
Registry
On the 1977 Deluxe 4500's they had a similar set of drawers in the middle of the gaucho. I will try to remember to post pictures from 45-1100036.
ON EDIT: I found a thread that clearly shows the drawers, and the porta potty garage:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ion-64398.html
In 1978, they dropped the 2 drawers in the gaucho and instead put two drawers under each of the dinette seats, for a total of 4 drawers.

I find the gaucho is a good place to store longer items like awning poles, beach umbrellas,...
Old 06-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #12

British Columbia
Interesting I didn't realise they came from the factory like that or are they all owner add ons?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #13

Alberta
Registry
Not add ons. The deluxe 4500's all have the same style of drawer. They slide on a rail that fits into the groove you see in the side of the drawer. The three 4500's that I have all have these drawers. Two in the gaucho of 45-1100036, and four in the dinette seats of 45-1100980 and 45-1101043.

Based on this album of a 1977 4500, both the front, gaucho drawers, and the rear dinette drawers were available at the same time.
Fiberglass RV - Buck944's Album: Trillium 4500

I have seen this drawer design outside of Trilliums. It would be nice to find this hardware on the shelf, if you wanted to add these features after the fact.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #14

Name: John
Trailer: '84 Bigfoot b17
British Columbia
Yes congrats KG on your trailer!
Interesting chat about the different drawer setups thanks. Our 1977 has both gaucho and dinette drawers or had anyway...I was wondering what the plastic liner thingy is in the right front cupboard floor under gaucho. I thought it maybe a battery tray/liner but is a porta potty holder right? I like David's idea for longer item storage under gaucho.
Happy camping!