Ovens in Fiberglass trailers? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I am stumpted, I haven't seen a regular stove/oven combo in a Casita, Can you get them with one? Thanks! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Robin G,
I don't believe Casita TT's are available with an oven. The stove top has 2 burners. Where the oven would go under the burners, is an area used for food storage and pots/pans, etc. Above the refer is where the microwave goes, and it might be possible to find a combination convection oven/microwave which would fit.
There are some fiberglass TT's, older Fiberstreams are one brand. which do come equipped with ovens. In reality, there are not too many folks who desire to subject themselves to the volume of heat inside there TT's which an oven produces. I do understand that is one comfort of home that some require.
Others will have to chime in here with their thoughts and other brands with ovens.

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Scamp has a conventional oven listed as an option in their 16' and 19' trailers.

Scamp Option List
Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact II / 2001 Honda CRV SE automatic
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Domingos Send a message via Yahoo to Joseph Domingos
I don't know about what's available on the new rigs, but I can agree with Kurt and Anna. My trailer has an oven. I lit it a while back just to see if it worked. Here's what I learned:
1. I think I was the first person to EVER light it, since there was paint on the metal panel above the burner that burned off after I lit it!!
2. The heat output turned the inside of my TT into an OVEN in a very few minutes!

So I've pretty much decided to never use it unless I absolutely have to, and even then I hope its snowy cold outside so that it doesn't roast me out! hehe So now it pretty much serves as extra storage for stuff.
Anyway, thats my two cents...
Joe
Joseph Domingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:32 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
My Bigfoot came with an oven.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #6

Hmmmmm, I didn't think about the heat in the trailer factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes sense, And let me tell you, I don't care for heat and I don't plan on camping in the snow (if I can avoid it anyway) So I will be ixneying, that idea. Thanks again everyone. Robin
Old 04-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #7

I forgot to say, I am not a fan of convection ovens or microwaves so I guess it will be the camp fire for me. Robin
Old 04-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #8

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Since we couldn't get a Casita with an oven we got a warm and toasty, but since you don't like the convection, you might like to use dutch ovens outside where you can bake bread, main courses and deserts. They are also a lot of fun and keep the heat outside the trailer.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
We have found the Cuisnart convection toaster oven to be versatile. We can use it outside. It is a toaster, an oven, a convection oven, a broiler. It bakes so true to temp and it is perfect size for two. It will do a 12" pizza, roast a chicken, make a small casserole, toast our bread and bagels, bake a small cake or pie, etc. I also have one at home and use it more than our oven. Stores away easily for travel under the bed. Terry
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #10

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
The Fiber Stream came with a standard stove-top & oven. All my other trailers have had this combination as well.

When my wife and I talked it over, we realized that we have used the oven once or twice in 15 years of trailer camping.

As part of my re-work of the Fiber Stream, I will be replacing this stove-top oven combination unit with a stove top. I will move the hot water heater and furnace to where the oven was, over the axles. I will then be able to move the Fresh Water tank closer to the axle. This should significantly improve my trailer's weight distribution.

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #11

I am so glad you all brought up the heat factor, before I went and had an oven put in somewhere. I think a toasteroven just might do the trick, and save space. Thanks again Everyone. Robin
Old 05-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Here ya go! Put it on a Coleman stove on the picnic table and heat the outdoors.

http://www.rei.com/product/736395?preferre...r:referralID=NA

Or this one which provides its own heat:

http://www.rei.com/product/752764

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #13

Trailer: 1994 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Why not consider a solar oven. Tucson just had a solar oven cook-out at a State Park just north of town. There were over thirty cooks making everything from bread to caseroles to roasts to cakes, all using "FREE" power. One of the ladies made four cakes in four hours, her solar cooker holding 350 degrees for all that time. After all, you have to have sunlight close to your rig to use the solar panels.

Now there's a thought, could a solar panel create enough power to charge the battery enough to use an electric (small) oven?

Judy N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #14

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
The Fiber Stream came with a standard stove-top & oven.

As part of my re-work of the Fiber Stream, I will be replacing this stove-top oven combination unit with a stove top.
I will move the hot water heater and furnace to where the oven was, over the axles.
Post-1980 Fiber Streams were equipped with a separate range (stove top & oven) in the kitchen, and furnace under the port side bunk.

Pre-1980 Fiber Streams (Like mine) have the Trav'ler Duette combination range/furnace. Robert does use the oven to bake (as my expanding girth can attest) and I like the fact that the "furnace" function and register are out from beneath the middle of the bed (when setup in King bed mode). The stove top, oven and furnace functions can all be employed simultaneously.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	12932

Moving your furnace will improve your heating situation, IMHO.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #15

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I love my oven in my big sticky trailer. If and when I get a bigger FG trailer it will have an oven. That's what I miss most in the little Boler...and the bigger bed, I miss that too.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #16

I hadn't even thought of a solar oven, Great Idea! Judy.

You know Pete, I have seen those coleman ovens. Hadn't even thought of those. Thanks for the links!

Thanks Everyone! Robin
Old 05-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #17

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
You may want to consider the Coleman Camp Oven. It's propane fired, portable, all stainless steel, and works great. It can be set up outside to cook, keeping your trailer a lot cooler. I have this unit (CampingWorld # 33288, approx $110.00), along with the Holland Companion propane barbeque (CW # 20048, approx $280.00), and together they make a pretty formidable pair to meet about all your "non-stove top" cooking needs.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote