Owners Manual for Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Burro, HELIO
Washington
Registry
Owners Manual for Burro

Does anyone have an owner's manual for a Burro? I joined the group and searched for the string "owner's manual" but came up blank.
I just bought a used one and I'm excited to fix her up!

Thank you!
John Colangelo in Albuquerque
John Colangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Check the document center in the pull down menu under "MORE" button top of page. You'll find 1981 or 82 assembly manual for 13' Sac City Burro. A masterpiece of xerography! These were issued to purchasers of the incomplete "kit" option. Course we don't know but that you might have a late 90s Escondido Burro. Wouldn't help you much there altho you would get an idea of how inner and outer shells were fabbed and assembled by both Burro incarnations.

Jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #3

Washington
Registry
Thank you so much sir! This will do it! This is a wonderful site and very helpful people!
Old 08-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #4

Delaware
Be sure to use the Google search at the bottom of the search option block. Plain old vanilla search doesn't work due to obsolete site architecture.

Jack
Old 08-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You'll find all kinds of documentation in the Document Center: Fiberglass RV - Document Center

Burro specific: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Burro

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #6

Delaware
Old 08-23-2014, 02:58 PM   #7

Washington
Registry
Thank you! You guys rock!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

John
Old 09-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #8

Washington
Registry
Does anyone have any ideas about how to get up on the roof to do maintenance and repairs? When I put any weight at all on the fiberglass roof it deflects. Since I am six four and 223 I don't want to risk putting my weight on it. How are we supposed to access the roof to repair the vent and or the top seam? I can't lean far enough over from the ladder. How do you guys do it?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Normally, I just stand a ladder next to the side of the camper, and then lean on the camper roof (this way its not my full weight) to make repairs.
You could also try laying a lightweight piece of plywood down on the flat of the roof and lean on that (something like 18" wide and 36" long)
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #10

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
I lean a ladder against the trailer cushioned with some foam or bath towel, that way I can climb the ladder and lean across the roof while facing the trailer.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #11

Delaware
I use a single section of scaffolding alongside, a single expansion plank or 2x10 parallel to the trailer side and a chunk of 3/4" plywood approx. 24" x 48" bridging from the plank to the raised central section of the trolley roof. The vertical offset in the roof at each side acts as a beam or stiffener and the ply duckboard carries your wgt without transfer to the deflecting facets of the roof.

I rebedded my A/C, installed a FantasticFan, and replaced black and grey tank vent caps from this platform. I have pictures posted to an old thread on this site. Google some combo of Burro and air conditioner and you might come up with it. Or maybe Burro and Fantastc Fan install. I have lost weight recently but when doing most of the above, I was 198.

You should not have to do repairs to central "fin." The mating flanges of the hull halves were bonded at manufacture and the seam is also bridged by glass layup on the interior. The TrimLoc cap atop the fin can come loose but should not effect water tightness of the underlying join.

Jack

Tags
burro