Oxygen?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2003, 08:05 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Oxygen??

Hi, I just need to find out where I can get info on the Oxygen. I haven't been able to find any web sites. We have seen a couple in Quebec and they look very slick.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 08:33 AM   #2

:wave Hi, Jess. Welcome to FiberglassRV.com. We do have a couple of members who own Oxygens. Try our Search function (blue button at the top of this screen). There have been several mentions of this type of trailer. Hopefully some of the info will be just what you're looking for!

:sunny

Old 07-23-2003, 08:49 AM   #3

Oxyygen

these guys have 3 on their lot, been there for about a year now

Nickel Belt Camping, (Hwy 144., Chelmsford), Box 998, Azilda,
P0M 1B0 PH: (705) 855-7659

Old 07-23-2003, 06:48 PM   #4

Here's a link to try (sorry not in your area, but you can at least get some info there)

http://www.woodysrv.com/new/bonair/travel/oxygen.htm

Old 07-24-2003, 10:19 AM   #5

Oxygen

Thanks, the answers have all been very helpful. I wish I had written before our trip to Quebec, because we went right by Thetford Mines, where they are made. My husband and I are looking to move up from our 13foot scamp to a fiberglass RV with shower, toilet and queen size bed. So far, the Casita Liberty and now the Oxygen are the ones we've found. Any other suggestions? (Not fifth wheelers)

Old 07-24-2003, 03:07 PM   #6

Jess

YOu will see from Woody's rv site spec's that the trailer is 6'6" wide but that is in the middle. By the time you get down to the ends they say bed is approx 54" . Sorry not a queen-size. You may not have found anything in Thedford Mines anyway, I haven't heard if they've started making more.
Try the place Joe suggested. Our dealer only knew of one left, that was at an rv dealership in Que. last Dec.
jean

Old 07-24-2003, 03:37 PM   #7

I think I want one too!!!!!!!

I just looked at the picture of the Oxygen....
Between Trilliums, and Oxygens and some others I've seen, I'm regretting buying my Scamp.

Old 07-24-2003, 03:52 PM   #8

Trailers

If you are looking for a new trailer may I suggest Trillium Outback, or
Escape Trailers

That is of course if you are looking for a Canadian Manufacturer.
The Oxygens I looked at started at 24,000.00 Canadian. I know the Outback is around 14,000.00 and I believe the Escape is around 17,000.00

Old 07-24-2003, 03:54 PM   #9

regrets

BTW Tom, never regret what you have, everybody has to start somewhere, you won't lose on what you have, at the worst you have gained a lot of experience.

Old 07-25-2003, 10:14 AM   #10

regrets

Tom - You'd have a hard time getting an Oxygen (or Trillium, for that matter) for what you paid for your Scamp! I love em all for one reason or another, but for my needs right now, I think the Scamp is the best fit.

Old 07-27-2003, 03:51 PM   #11

Actually the Oxygens in Alberta were new, 2002, and "on sale" according to the woman who answered, for $16,000 Canadian. Still over our budget of about $10,000 for a good, used, bigger home. I guess we'll stick with our Scamp for now, and stay at campsites with facilities. Steve has plans to extend the bed into the aisle with a removable box thingy but it hasn't happened yet. I am a Canadian living in Vermont near the Quebec border, with family all over the place. I truly appreciate the help here, and the idea is to find the right bigger model, and then look for it used until we find it. We have never regretted our Scamp for a minute! Steve is a handcrafter and uses it a lot for staying over at craft fairs. It has paid us back our $1200 over and over! Jess

Old 08-02-2003, 10:25 PM   #12

I was in an Oxygen last summer at Woody's RV, and I'm sure I recall there being a shower in the bathroom. Not much of one, but a shower none the less. I would suggest that you look into it a bit more because I think they do make it the way you are wanting it to be. Good luck :)

Old 08-03-2003, 06:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Orginally posted by Leo and Ghislaine G.
"I was only referring to the routine of shuffling certain items from car to camper. I should have used the word " routine."
AAwww! I thought that might be it, but wasn't sure. that was one of the things I hated about tent camping was the unloading and loading back. I got where I threw it back in, but then when I got home I had to start over. just made more mess for myself. :wak. So if you have an Oxygen the stuff would have a perminent place in the trailer so no dragging in and out? or maybe I should say, less dragging. I can understand that.

Old 08-03-2003, 06:48 AM   #14

I think I would have some concerns about buying a new oxygen.
Bonair quit making them and I believe sold it to another company. Who is responsible for any warranty repairs? Is the new company producing them and would they be resposible for a Bonair made Oxygen's repairs, or is Bonair responsible? Bonair made them for such a short time and now don't so are there parts available? I wonder if getting servicing might be difficult?

Also because they were only made for such a short time and are such an unusual design then what about getting parts at a future date, especially if the new company either doesn't make them or changes the design somewhat.

Take your old Trillium, Bolers, Scamps, Surfsides etc who are all very similiar in design with many interchangeable parts. Still, some parts for these trailers are impossible to find even though there were thousands of them made.

I also would be concerned about resale on such an unique trailer. Would its limited production turn buyers looking for a used trailer off. On the other hand though, its limited production could make it a collectors item!

These are just a few thoughts I had. I'm not critisizeing the Oxygen itself, just wondering about future repairs.

Old 08-04-2003, 07:38 AM   #15

Good point Nancy, I cringe at the thought of buying new for such items ,because as soon as you drive off the lot, they lose a great deal of their value. (Let someone else depreciate them ). During our trip we were so impressed with the Boler and how well it aged. We will certainly be steered in the used Boler or Trillium direction. Here's how the shopping goes at our house. We spot something we're impressed with, then hubby takes me cross country to every imagineable dealers lots. Then we return home and buy one of the first thing we saw. Meanwhile I get the thrill of searching the net for great experienced opinions. I, really looking forward to some serious camping again, we live in such a beautiful camping area.

Old 08-05-2003, 12:03 AM   #16

Bonair Oxygen

Hi:

Here is the link for the Bonair web-site:

http://www.bonair-rv.com/index_en.htm

Bonair was purchased by the Peak Group of Companies, based in Saskatchewan. Peak manufacturers the Vanguard and other quality RV's and have done so for many years. I queried a Peak rep. at an RV show earlier this spring, and was advised that Bonair will operate as before, but owned by Peak. I had hoped that some of the manufacturing techniques of Vanguard may appear in the Bonair line, but apparently not.

I note the they no longer list the Oxygen in thie model lineup. If you can't find a brochure or details you seek, please advise as I may have a brochure that I can scan.

Rick B

Tags
oxygen