Paint or Undercoat The Frame? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #15

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
I've used this product for many years and can't say enough good stuff about it.... goes on milky white and dries black......underneath where the sun doesn't get at it your done but in an area that gets sun they recommend to paint over it to stop UV ..... I used to paint small areas of rusty metal and let it weather for many years and it worked perfectly with no rust again....
I bought the gallon liquid (not the paste) and it took less than 1/4 gallon to do the whole underneath frame and axle (and it was 14 years old and never done) I did not Scrape or wirebrush anything....but i did give it two coats with about 20 minutes between coates.
Joe

http://store.interstateproducts.com/...st_killer_1gal

This Picture is Untreated:

Click image for larger version

Name:	29.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	15622

This Picture is Treated and is now about two months old:

Click image for larger version

Name:	49.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	15623

Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
I've used this product for many years and can't say enough good stuff about it.... goes on milky white and dries black...
THAT'S the stuff my friend with the old Volvo used. I couldn't find it so I went with the RustOleum spray product, then topcoated it with their spray enamel. That will probably do me for a couple of years, but I'll file away you reference for future use. Thanks!

Parker

Old 01-26-2016, 07:11 AM   #17

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but it adds on to an active one. I'm facing the same decision as many had to face: what do I do with the frame? Or, to be more direct, what do I do with the rust?

I have supreme trust in the Krown rustproofing products for my car. It was mentioned here and in the recent thread. If I was to use a rust killer along the lines of what Joe is talking about, would it be pertinent to spray with a liquid rustproofing product like Krown or something else? Or would I just need to use more rust killer in a year or two?

I understand that there are many ways to look at it and I don't want to trigger more discussion than necessary, but it seems like it would make the most of the two options...

Thanks!

Tags
paint, painting