Painting Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #1

Name: Kat
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Painting Boler

I was wondering what type of paint to use on the outside of the boler.

I want to paint some designs on it. Leopard print on the bottom and medieval pics on the top.

Thank you for your help
KatSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1975 boler
Manitoba
There is a recent thread on the right side of the screen that reads "Work in Progress- 75 Boler 13" . That might help a little.
bkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #3

Name: Rene
Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 truck camper
British Columbia
Its a loaded question LOL! People have used a lot of different paints with success. Automotive paints, marine paints, epoxies etc. I have decided to go with plain old tremclad rust paint. Others have used it with good results. I am going to use a 4" foam roller to apply. Tremclad is reasonably priced and readily available. Anything will be better than what the PO brushed on it. I think it comes down to how much you are willing to do yourself and how fussy you are. Do the best you can yourself or take it to a body shop.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
I used Pettit white and red paint for the outside of my trailer, and there under coat. I thought it worked out fine. I did some research online and thought that paint was the easiest and longest lasting, per others reviews. It's not cheap, though.

Tags
boler, painting