Parkliner or Eggcamper? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Here are some pictures of some of modifications done to my Eggcamper, they are very easy to modify as everything is accessible. The a/c can be switched out for a bigger btu unit and I'd also recommend a MaxxFan of Fantastic Fan installation. This really helps with the a/c being low to the floor and moving the cool air about.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00787.jpg   DSC00807.jpg  

DSC00940.jpg   DSC02297.jpg  

Old 07-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #16

Name: Ray
Trailer: 21' Escape - former owner of 17' "other brand."
Florida
Registry
If you're like us and stay in state parks or commercial campgrounds, you won't have any problem with finding sites with electricity in the southern states. The southern states recognize that people need air conditioning and make sure the campgrounds supply electricity. The South wants to keep tourists happy so they will continue to spend their money down here.

Concerning the small air conditioners, we are fair-weather campers, and if it's going to be a blistering hot spell, we stay in the comfort of our home. If it's so hot that we need more AC than we have, then it's probably too hot to get out and enjoy the outdoors anyway. Again, that's just our style, and may not apply to you.

If we lived in the West or North, or intended to do a lot of traveling to those locations; or boondocked; or had the need to stay in Walmart (etc.) parking lots, we would not have considered an all-electric camper. Our entire reason for buying a camper was simply to enjoy the natural beauty of the state parks here in Florida and the neighboring states.

Oh, and if you're ever near Pensacola, you are more than welcome to come by and see our EggCamper.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #17

Florida
Registry
Oh, I left out the one, most important reason we bought the EggCamper - headroom! I'm just under 6' 5" tall and when I found out the EggCamper had 6' 7" of headroom I put down a deposit without ever having seen one in person. We traveled from Florida to Michigan to pick it up. Mr. Palmer assured us that the deposit would be returned if we didn't like the camper after actually seeing it. When we attended an egg rally the universal comment made on "open house" day was "it's so big inside." One person even exclaimed "you could dance in here."

Yet more pictures of an EggCamper, and one of me inside a smaller camper:
Attached Thumbnails
Back (Medium).JPG   Front (Medium).JPG  

Proud New Owners_Vga.JPG   Lazy Daze 6_Small.jpg  

Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #18

Name: Gayle
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper #85
Midwest
I agree with Ray about the all electric. I do not enjoy hot weather and generally don't "vacation" in extreme heat. I have spent 108 nights in my EggCamper in the last year and only used the air conditioner about a dozen times. I almost exclusively travel solo and for safety never consider boondocking. I have used the heater much, much more and it works great.

I did dry camp for 10 nights last fall at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. I used a Honda generator for the necessary electricity during that time.

I am not really a "camper" as much as a tourist. I enjoy using my EggCamper as my traveling hotel room. A perfect stop for me is electric, water, sewer, cable and wifi. Sometimes I have had electric only and that is fine. I have an antenna for my TV and use a hot spot for wifi.

I would say I have stayed in state/national park campgrounds about 50% of the time and RV parks the other 50%.
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #19

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
I would buy either one, whatever you can find used, close to you for a good price
Old 07-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #20

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Ive got a ParkLiner, and am very happy with it. The ac unit, is a bit underpowered, but I put a turbo fan on the floor blowing up towards the bed and after about a half an hour its pretty comfortable. It wont get freezing in there, but it certainly pulls the humidity out and makes it much more comfortable inside. I was out camping in it last weekend and friday night at midnite it was saying it was 95' outside, and I was nice an comfortable inside in the upper 70's. I might try swapping out the 5k btu ac for a same sized 8k btu unit I have in my bedroom. Im sure 3k more btu's will make a difference.

I like that the ParkLiner has a door to the bathroom, not a curtain. I like to think of the bathroom as a separate room...not that people cant hear what your doing in there with the door closed... with just a curtain separating it, just seems like no privacy. Now Jim did a nice job of decorating his, I think its just too sterile inside the egg camper for me.

to each their own!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #21

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
SOMEONE replaced the curtain for the bathroom with an accordian door. Frankly (IMHO) that's a better solution. Let me see if I can find the thread.... no promises.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #22

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Ive got a ParkLiner, and am very happy with it. The ac unit, is a bit underpowered, but I put a turbo fan on the floor blowing up towards the bed and after about a half an hour its pretty comfortable. It wont get freezing in there, but it certainly pulls the humidity out and makes it much more comfortable inside. I was out camping in it last weekend and friday night at midnite it was saying it was 95' outside, and I was nice an comfortable inside in the upper 70's. I might try swapping out the 5k btu ac for a same sized 8k btu unit I have in my bedroom. Im sure 3k more btu's will make a difference.

I like that the ParkLiner has a door to the bathroom, not a curtain. I like to think of the bathroom as a separate room...not that people cant hear what your doing in there with the door closed... with just a curtain separating it, just seems like no privacy. Now Jim did a nice job of decorating his, I think its just too sterile inside the egg camper for me.

to each their own!
It can't be too difficult to swap in a bigger AC unit.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #23

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
not hard... just need the money to buy a 10k or 12k btu unit to replace my 8k window unit lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
I was sort of astounded the first trip I took inside an EggCamper!
The sense of open space inside is the feature I have not seen since or before and needs to be seen/felt in person to appreciate.
Ed

I agree!

I have only been in Orlen and Carolyn Wolf's EggCamper and was amazed at the interior room. 4 adults and a fur baby or two. Still had room to move.

Second time I was in their EggCamper there were 5 adults, a fur baby (Radar) with a couple of teenagers coming in and out if I remember correctly! Still room enough not to feel completely cramped!

As far as interior glass, I liked it. But what cracks me up is that every glass interior application has haters! Carpet, Ensolite, etc etc etc.... To me glass would be easier to deal with than carpet 30 years from now..........
Old 07-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #25
GPJ

Name: GP
Trailer: Looking
British Columbia
To me, the Parkliner looks very much like a smaller Eggcamper. Both have the bright (or sterile - depending upon your perspective) interiors, wood cupboard doors, an almost identical floorplan (and both have the bathroom at the end which makes them look bigger inside than mid-bath units). I agree that the bathroom curtain on the Eggcamper makes it look like an exposed shower stall, but as Donna points out, that can be simply changed (it's just a partial piece of plywood on a Parkliner after all).

The whole gas vs. electric debate continues, but I thought that while Eggcamper prefers to produce all electric units (like Snoozy), Eggcamper would produce a propane unit if requested. Both seem like fine, practical units.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #26

Trailer: 2007 Casita
To add to the interior room of the EggCamper, after visiting in the Wolf's EggCamper we all walked over and went into our Casita. Believe me, the four of us weren't anywhere near as comfortable in the Casita as we were in the EggCamper! Heres a pic that Orlen took of our trailers side by side. Certainly show's you the height difference compard to my Casita on the left...
Attached Thumbnails
eggsonroad.JPG  
Old 07-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #27

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
I had my ac unit out to investigate upgrading - there is a lot of room for a bigger unit in the EggCamper.

Wife and I recently put up the kick out shower rod in ours. Makes a huge difference in show room. Remember the shower is against the front curved wall and a hard door forces you against it.

Jason
Old 07-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #28

Florida
Registry
With us the shower curtain isn't an issue at all. We've been married over 45 years and a curtain is more privacy than we're used to even at home

Tags
eggcamper, parkliner