Plates, Paper Work, Buying Boler, Ontario Canada - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
this would be a question for anyone who owns a boler in the province of ontario. when i buy my boler do the plates come with it? what other paper work should i receive from the seller? is their 8% PST on selling price when i register it? any ideas on insurance costs? thanks for helping us newbies. going to see our first potential boler on thurs. cynthia and jim

Cynthia MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Trailer: Trillium
the purchaser should have a green ownership, just like for a car. When you go to the licence bureau, they will charge you tax on the price on your receipt (gst), and you will have to purchase plates at that time. Trailer plates should be 35$

Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #3
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Those plates, when you get them are a one-time-charge here in Ontario. They are good for as long as you have your trailer. It's your insurance costs that go on and on and on. Talk to whomever you insure your car with the rate isn't usually too high and take proof of insurance with you when you go for the license.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
Don't need insurance for the plates (same as a snowmachine), and depending on carrier, the trailer may be automatically covered for liability when being towed. In my case, I listed it under my house insurance because the rider was about 75 dollars while being towed, or about double that to include damage coverage under my house policy.
Paul from NWOnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
thanks guys - helps to know before hand.
Cynthia MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
any ideas on insurance costs?
going to see our first potential boler on thurs.

Bring the Buyers Check List (on the left side bar) with you.

Call your insurance agent / broker. Costs will vary, insurance info on bolers is not available, so if buying privately and you want [b]full insurance coverage a current appraisal will be required. I'm not sure what that will cost.

We bought ours as a wreck and will not get it appraised till it is finished. We are partly covered under the auto policy and partly under the home policy. Right now we are probably underinsured, but I suppose you could say we are "self insured" for what is not covered.

Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote