Portable Table - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #15

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
We have one similar to the last one. I use it beside the trailer for the cookstove if we cook outside, the water jug, the toaster oven if we are at a full service place... Just very handy and quite light....

Bought it a few years ago at "Real Canadian Superstore" Loblaws. Around $50 if I remember correctly...
It is aluminum and the top rolls up to store in a nice bag. The legs fold and collapse.

I used to store it under the bed in the Boler cause it was all closed in---guess it will just ride on the bed in the Escape.
Yesterday, I put in all the poles for the screen room in the same bag. Easy place to store them and everything all together....

Jim---You'll be able to see it at the Fort Langley meet..
It looks like a good size. Do you know the brand name &/or size perchance. You can't search for items at RCS website.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
This is completely different, but if you are looking for a table to set beverages and the like under the awning... I think this is a totally cool setup: Wheel Well Table, unfortunately my Scamp has fender skirts so I can' t make one that would work

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #17

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Jim,

Camping World carries a great roll up aluminum table. Here is the link:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/...32-square/37593

Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #18

Alberta
Registry
That is a neat idea you linked to Donna. I could do a wide one with the tandem wheel well of the Escape 19.

Thanks Charlene, the 32x32 seems to be a popular item out there.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #19

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
We have a table rail on the outside of the trailer and use the table from inside or this homemade one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0016_01.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	19368

Name:	P1000932_2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	19373

Alf took this picture of our inside table outside
Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #20

Alberta
Registry
That looks great James, though I would definitely go with a separate one out if I went that direction. I don't know if I can bring myself to drill holes in the side of my new trailer though.

I had that feature in a Coleman tent trailer I had almost 15 years ago, where you brought the inside table out to use. It also had a real outdoor propane stove that slide out of a compartment on the side that was a great feature too.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #21

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

We have Porta Leggs on our table.

We can use it inside...

Name:	Dinette.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	19375

Name:	000_0526_small.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	19376
...or place it anywhere outside.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Cool

Quote:
So, I am real interested in hearing solutions and ideas for folks out there who have either used something they really like, or have ideas on what would work good for this situation.
Here is what we have been using for the last 10 years and the table is still going strong:

Camp Time Roll-A-Table

This table has been to Alaska (several times), all over the Calif and BC. The table is big enough to seat 4 adults comfortably for dinner. It rolls up and is stored easily. We're Tent campers. So our camping supplies had to be 'compact'.

The table consists of 12 slots covered in vinyl. The slats allow the table top to be rolled for storage. Because of the table top you can't cook on the table. We usually do all cooking on the picnic table (at the camp site) and sit at 'our table' to eat or play cards or what ever ........

Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #23

Name: Jen
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
This looks like a more advanced version of the one I have. Mine has legs that screw into the base after they're unrolled from their pocket hidden in the tabletop roll.

http://tinyurl.com/cq62y6
It's sturdy enough four our family of four, though I wouldn't put anything HOT on it 'cause it's got a plastic covered top. It's pretty darned compact when rolled up, easy to stow, easy to set up. Seems a bit shaky, but we've never had a problem with it. Also, the leg height is not adjustable.
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 AM   #24

Alberta
Registry
Frederick, interesting idea, though I'm pretty sure I want a separate table as the one inside is likely to be in use in some way most of the time.

B&M, Jen, it sure seems like the 32x32 size is quite popular. For some reason it seems small to me.

I need to try some cardboard cutouts to better visualize the various sizes. I don't want to use bigger just because I can, and I also don't want to regret not getting one big enough.

I am kinda leaning towards a roll-up because of the compact storage of the table, and the fact it could be put in the outside hatch. None of them seem real expensive, so if I could at least get a year or too it would pay for itself.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #25

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Jim, we have had our roll up aluminum table for years. It is the same size as a card table. Four people can sit comfortably for a meal under the awning. The 52" table cloths are great for them.

We also have one we got from Aldi's. They usually sell them every spring as a seasonal item for $19. They are a touch smaller and shorter but still very useful.

We also have an aluminum slatted one that folds up like a TV tray and is about the same size as a TV tray. We us that for our ice machine or water jug or toaster oven, etc. They sell those in the camping section on the upper shelf at Walmart.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #26

Name: marvonw
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Great Lakes area-US
Here's a link to a selection of camp tables.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/search/sear...p;k=camp+tables

We have the "four-person" aluminum roll-up, used mostly for cooking and cleanup. We also carried with us on a recent extended trip a larger, fg fold-up table with adjustable leg height, which we found we didn't really need, so we won't be packing it on the next extended trip - too heavy and bulky.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #27

Alberta
Registry
Thanks for the help everyone. I have decided on getting one of the two ALPS Dining Tables. LINK

I am still debating whether to get the 43x29 one, or the 55x29 one. I should have room for either in the outside hatch of our new Escape 19 when we get it. While I do think the 43 should do the trick, as what I want is room for two to eat and room for a stove and a few other things, but the 55 will easily fit under my awing (extends 7') and we do tend to have a small pile on the table. I even went so far as to build a cardboard template of the top, with a foldout section to make it the larger size. Talk about OCD, eh?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #28

Name: Owen
Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Alberta
Registry
Hi JIM
I have talked to the seasonal items person at the Deerfoot Meadows Store in Calgary (RCS) and he tells me they will sell 300 to 500 of these units this year. They have also ordered matching benches for this season.
Bass Pro Shops at Balzac had one on display, but their stock is just arriving. Wholesale Sprts have the benched and individual stool available in aluminum to match. Good Luck!

Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote