Prepping Casita to sit for a few more months - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Name: William
Trailer: Casita SD17
New Jersey
Posts: 193
Prepping Casita to sit for a few more months

I drained the fresh/black/grey tanks.

I think I need to drian the hot water heater (which I put in another post).

Do I need to remove the battery? it looks like a pain to remove. I've never looked at it in 3 years of being hooked up to 30 amp service places. I think it does not have water in it.

I put down all the stabilizers and a few extras, the tires will probably get ruined again, but I don't have time to worry about the tires. I have about 12 hours to figure out everything I need to do.
__________________

whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Borrego Dave's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Posts: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoot View Post
Do I need to remove the battery? it looks like a pain to remove. I've never looked at it in 3 years of being hooked up to 30 amp service places. I think it does not have water in it.
I have about 12 hours to figure out everything I need to do.
At this point it may not make any difference if the battery stays in. Although if you have a hard wired CO monitor, you may want to disconnect a battery cable to keep what volts are in it now. May be still good later.
__________________

Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Posts: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoot View Post
I drained the fresh/black/grey tanks.

I think I need to drian the hot water heater (which I put in another post).

Do I need to remove the battery? it looks like a pain to remove. I've never looked at it in 3 years of being hooked up to 30 amp service places. I think it does not have water in it.

I put down all the stabilizers and a few extras, the tires will probably get ruined again, but I don't have time to worry about the tires. I have about 12 hours to figure out everything I need to do.
:if you live in a cold area just remember that Batteries freeze and when they do they blow out one end or the other now the battery is not good any more.
Peter
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:23 PM   #4
Member
 
Name: Elliott
Trailer: 2017 19' Escape
California
Posts: 46
Depends on how cold you're talking about, and whether it's on a trickle-charger.

A mostly-discharged battery might freeze just below 0F, but a fully-charged one is good to more like -90F.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, 2002 Ford F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4
California
Posts: 886
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator View Post
Depends on how cold you're talking about, and whether it's on a trickle-charger.

A mostly-discharged battery might freeze just below 0F, but a fully-charged one is good to more like -90F.
this!

I leave my trailer plugged in to an extension cord, but I replaced the Parallax with a PD4600, which has a battery tender mode and won't boil a battery.

Another option would be a portable solar panel, if the battery is already charged, a 10W battery tender panel would do nicely.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casita


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prepping 1997 Casita Patriot 13' for travel DennisTheMenace Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 6 04-07-2015 08:49 PM
Prepping for a moderate renovation of my Casita - have questions boley Modifications, Alterations and Updates 17 09-11-2014 09:23 AM
A few more thoughts for the day Roy Bakehorn Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 1 08-10-2010 03:39 PM
Do you ever just go sit in your trailer? Bobbie Mayer General Chat 29 09-27-2007 11:12 PM
A few more projects completed jaye580 Modifications, Alterations and Updates 1 08-13-2006 07:53 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.