Prevent wasp nests under trailer? - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp
Prevent wasp nests under trailer?

Does anyone have a good suggestion on keeping wasps (of one kind or another) from nesting under the trailer and in the bumper?
I don't know about other areas, but here in LA (Lower Alabama) they want to build nests in very short times and when you go out the work on the trailer....Surprise!

redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft.
Well, spray foam is great at all the openings under the wood floor of Scamps. Other than that, a good spray once they start to nest.

Flyboyscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:49 PM   #3
Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
As far as your bumper goes I got some bumper caps at Tractor Supply that were designed to keep out wasps. You might try spraying WD 40 under your trailer once and awhile. The wasps wouldn't be able to attach their paper nests to any surface with WD 40 on it.
Captleemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
Name: Larry
Trailer: T@B
They are bad where I live as well. I store my trailer under an open-sided shed. The only way I can control them is to spray insecticide on the shed and under the trailer about three times a year. Since I live out in the woods, I don't need to worry about affecting anyone but me. I do wear protective clothing and wash my hands after handling the trailer. I hate using it, but I hate getting stung as well.
2013 T@B
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #5
Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Prevent wasp nests under trailer?

I'm in the pest control business and if I had a product that would keep wasps from building nest on or around houses, campers, and any and all buildings I would be a millionaire!!!
The best thing you could do is fog under your RV with a flying insects spray that contains permethrin. It is a very safe insecticide. It will flush the wasps out to where you can see them and then go treat there nest directly with the same spray. It is very fast acting and there is very little chance you will get stung. Not to say a rogue wasp with a vendetta won't hunt you down and take vengeance on you!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
If you think you are to small to make a difference just try sleeping with a mosquito - The Dally Lama
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #6
Name: rita
Trailer: currently shopping

They generally will not build a paper wasp best where there are other nests. They are territorial menaces. Stuff small brown paper bags like lunch bag and hang them in the area of the camper. It may work. Check every so often to see if it will work. I have seen this trick work with others.
rita in ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #7
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Paint the underside of the trailer sky blue, the way the ceiling overhangs of porches are painted in the southern U.S.?

Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote