Problems with ordering from SCAMP plus delivery issues - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #113

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Florida
Thanks for the video Floyd; it made my day.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #114

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman66 View Post
Dakota....carry the message, for all those who are rooting FOR Scamp to continue to prosper
Absolutely, positively absolutely

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #115

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman66 View Post
Adrian...you cracked me up. Ok, update, today we received the DVD in the mail and much to my surprise and wonderment, my wife liked the non deluxe (wood) interior and felt just the fiberglass and wood looked fine. This is obviously much less expensive...less weight, a concern with our Jeep wrangler and...maybe we can get it sooner!! Now, we will see Monday if I can communicate our change in our order once we actually got to see one, at least via a DVD. Its only been 3 days thus far so...I'm hopeful. I was thinking about adding the heat strip on the AC for $80. Any thoughts on this one vs carrying a small ceramic heater. Being the...non Syracuse type...it can get chilly at night in the winter down here.
I have a Jeep Wrangler JKU and I also am looking at the Scamp or Casita 16 model. I visited both factories and the Scamp sales center is old school, I havenít called to work up a price yet because I am still between the two makes. I like that the Casita doesnít put the AC on the roof and it has a bit smaller profile but the Scamp with the wood has a much bigger bed and I think the bed is winning out over MPGs. Please let me know how you do with your purchase and how your Jeep does with it.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #116

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
Scamp is definitely easier to deal with in person.. we are fortunate to live only 5 hours from the factory so it was easy to do the deal in person.
When we did have problems they were taken care of without hassle or question.
This past winter we had a convertor problem and Kent helped us solve it over the phone.
Having said all that.. we bought a new Casita this year and dealing with them over email, telephone and in person was much better
I am looking at both a 16, or 17 Casita or a Scamp 16, what are your thoughts on your experience with the two.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #117

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Little Guy Teardrop
Ontario
Limited experience with the new Casita but we are enjoying it. Hard to compare a 13 Scamp to a 17 Casita Deluxe Model. They just aren't even comparable.
The Scamp is a great trailer and lives up to the heritage of a fun camping experience while the Casita is more like a traditional travel trailer only it's molded fiberglass.
I think the quality control is better at Casita.
I would think in your tv situation a Scamp is probably better suited. The Scamp will have a lower profile for towing and will be lighter depending on how you option it out.
We live about 6 hours from the Scamp factory but choose Casita. We toured the Escape factory last year as well but just didn't like them.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #118

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
Limited experience with the new Casita but we are enjoying it. Hard to compare a 13 Scamp to a 17 Casita Deluxe Model. They just aren't even comparable.
The Scamp is a great trailer and lives up to the heritage of a fun camping experience while the Casita is more like a traditional travel trailer only it's molded fiberglass.
I think the quality control is better at Casita.
I would think in your tv situation a Scamp is probably better suited. The Scamp will have a lower profile for towing and will be lighter depending on how you option it out.
We live about 6 hours from the Scamp factory but choose Casita. We toured the Escape factory last year as well but just didn't like them.
Thanks, for the reply. We looked at a Casita 17 today it was used but well taken care of.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #119

Name: Harry
Trailer: 7/24/13...ordered a 2014 13 ft Scamp w/Shower/Toilet
Alabama
Will do Keith...pm me with any questions.

Tags
scamp