Prolonged Winterization? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2003, 07:44 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Prolonged Winterization?

All of the tanks and systems of my Fiber Stream are supposed to still be in winterized mode. The seller assured me this was done prior to the sale. Any problem with leaving them this way for an indefinite period?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:10 AM   #2

Prolonged Winterization.

Benita - that's one that I don't have the answer for. I have the opposite problem. I drained mine too soon. I wonder if anyone else knows.

I'm sure you're fine for now as some people have much longer winters and their systems are still hibernating.

Perhaps if no one else knows we can do some searches on 'extended trailer storage.'

Old 04-23-2003, 09:37 AM   #3

Benita ... leaving your rig winterized for a long period of time will not be a problem. The RV antifreeze won't hurt the pipes or leave a taste or film.

One thing you want to make sure of, however, is that you have some RV antifreeze in both your grey and black tanks, so that it will lubricate the seals on the dump valves. Also a good idea to have a little RV antifreeze in the toilet bowl, so that seal on the toilet flapper doesn't dry out.

Other than that, you're good to go

Old 04-23-2003, 09:41 AM   #4

Charles, I usually leave a little of RV antifreeze in the tanks so that nothing freezes but how much do you expect would be could to keep the seals lubricated? Do you suppose 1 inch is enough to do the job. I figure your right some lubrication would be good just was wondering how much is enough.