Pros and Cons of fiberglass and Casitas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Coleman Pop-up
Exclamation

Hi,
I'm new to this website but have surfing around it for a few days. I just met a Casita owner while camping along the Oregon Coast and they gave me a brochure. I currently travel/camp with my two daughters and pull a 17ft Coleman Tent Trailer with two slides with a Nissan Qwest minivan (without difficuty) and am thinking about switching to a hard sided trailer. I would like some input about fiberglass vs other compounds and also some reasons why I should choose Casita over another brand. We would really miss the space we have with the pop up (25 ft open), but are getting tired of setting up and taking down all the time. Thanks for your input.
Paris Winchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Hi,
A couple threads you may find helpful when considering the different models:
Family Friendly Floor plans and How Big, function vs ease of use
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
And, have a look at this recent discussion:

So Many Confusing Choices for Newbies

Plus, this one's worth a look:

Differences - Scamp and Casita (hint: it also talks about Escape)

And, this little discussion on the Northern Lite hybrid will probably make you want answers to even more questions!!

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I'm a Scamp owner, but that's mostly because I found a used Scamp before I found a used Casita when I was looking for both. They have more in common than they have differences, esp the older models than came from the same roots, so making a choice based on availability, price, floor plan or even color is still going to give you an enjoyable camping machine.

BTW, the advantage of a travel trailer over a pop-up is the setup convenience, esp in bad weather, but where a pop-up excels is having lots of space and lots of 'connection' to the outdoors when you are set up for a while in a rustic CG, kinda like spending time on the porch over sitting inside.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote