Questions about an EggCamper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #15

Name: Ron
Trailer: Eggless for now.
Formerly NH, now full timing
Registry
Hi Crystal,

We have a 2007 EggCamper. We're very happy with it. It tows easily behind our 2002 Toyota Sienna (3.0 liter v6). We have the electric model with the permanent bed (not the dinette model). About the only thing we cook inside is coffee and warm up left-overs in the micorwave. Everything else is under the awning. We added a small honda 2kw generator for off-grid and that works fine. Ours has a built-in space heater, but we haven't been out in temperatures much below 35F. It does the job for most situations.

The frig in the e-bay model is smaller than ours. It looks like the left wall is angled. The interior is small on ours, but the walls are straight, and we don't have a problem for space in it. Aside from that, there's plenty of storage in ours, with two closets and space under the benches.

If you do a search, you'll find more info on this forum about my egg and others.

Good luck.

Ron

Old 01-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #16

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft
Illinois
Orlen:

We too have a 2007 Eggcamper and love it! Unfortunately, we have a small Norcold fridge that has a slant on the side....(just like in the ad), and it doesn't hold very much. Before we start on our travels this year we would like to buy a larger one. What are the dimensions of the refrigerator you installed in your egg?

Bill

Old 01-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #17

Name: Orlen
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Colorado
Quote:
Orlen:

We too have a 2007 Eggcamper and love it! Unfortunately, we have a small Norcold fridge that has a slant on the side....(just like in the add), and it doesn't hold very much. Before we start on our travels this year we would like to buy a larger one. What are the dimensions of the refrigerator you installed in your egg?

Bill
Hi Bill

I installed a Dometic 3-way model RM2193. It has no more capacity than the Norcold you already have (maybe a couple more tenths of a cf). I used the RM2193 because I had one on hand and I needed propane operation for boondocking. The manual for the RM2193 is available on the web and includes installation instructions. One thing to remember is that you will have to construct a sealed compartment to install a 3-way since it would be connected to propane.

BTW - The Norcold DC0040 only draws about a quarter of the amperage of the RM2193 so it will make a lot smaller dent in your power budget.

I would suggest that you just get a 12V portable chest cooler for the supply "overflow". It will be a lot simpler solution.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #18

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft
Illinois
Thanks for the information, Orlen.

Tags
eggcamper