Rare Bigfoot - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #21

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
To me it's just another large travel trailer with no personality like our molded eggs have. I too thought this forum was for Molded Fiberglass Trailers, one of the reasons I joined.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Yes, the focus of this forum is on moulded fiberglass towables, but that does not mean at all that other trailers do not have their own personalities. As a community, we need to treat visitors with respect, and who knows, we might just convert them to our preferred style of RV.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Ryan, have you checked over at the Bigfoot Owners Club? You might also want to ask your question over at iRV2 Forum | - RV Forum Community and RV News and the Open Road Forums at RV.net both of those websites have tons of owners with trailers of a build type such as you're asking about, which is totally different than the focus here at FiberglassRV.

Best of luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #24

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Bigfoot/Oakland
Alberta
Thank you Jim and Donna, I do know the focus of your community but saw that Rick had posted pictures and seemed to have a knowledge of these units, both self propelled and towables and thought I'd chime in and ask the question as others may know something about the verious units bigfoot produced in the 90's.
NAYR in Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #25

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan in Alberta View Post
Thank you Jim and Donna, I do know the focus of your community but saw that Rick had posted pictures and seemed to have a knowledge of these units, both self propelled and towables and thought I'd chime in and ask the question as others may know something about the verious units bigfoot produced in the 90's.
Ryan, in your searching, did you find a Bigfoot Owners Group. Not sure the link to it, and I think that you had to register, and even pay a membership fee. When I was first looking to by a moulded fiberglass trailer, I was heavily leaning towards a used Bigfoot because of their good build, and good insulation value.

edit: I did find the page. You do have to pay for membership, but can get a 3 month complimentary one to allow you to explore.
http://www.bigfootowners.com
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #26

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Bigfoot/Oakland
Alberta
Thanks Jim, I'll look into that. I just figured there's a bigfoot section here and many people could possibly know info about the brand and it's history.
NAYR in Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #27

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
21 ft Bigfoot Motorhome

Hi Ryan Yeh they made the 20ft motorhomes actually for the Japanese market, they were a special make, but some, I don't know how many did stay in Canada. I have only seen one, in a picture and then at our rally in Fairmont Hotsprings 2 years ago the same motorhome was their. It is probably as rare as my trailer as The Columbia River trailers were only made in 1999 and in 2000 they came out as Bigfoot models, identical trailer, Bigfoot made lots of Columbia River truck campers. The trailers came out as the 2000 series in 22, 24,and 26 ft. Ye while at the rally they called me keener as Bigfoot owners were their. Also the Bigfoot owner son was their. The Oaklands were actually designed under Leisure Works of Vernon. Owned by Terry Mayhall who left Bigfoot and started Leisure Works but a year later went back to take over Bigfoot and that is how it became Oakland By Bigfoot. Good Luck Rick
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #28

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
The Bigfoot stickie is like my 2001 Holiday Rambler Alumscape 25ft. It has fiberglass front and back caps rubber roof, aluminum sides and framing. Walk around queen bed in the front sofa on a small slide.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #29

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Fiberglass

Here we go again [Stickie] My trailer has fiberglass front back and roof and then has fibercore walls as are on all Bigfoot motorhomes. Bigfoot used this on all their fifth wheels in both flat and corrugated walls. Invented by the owner Terry Mayhall, In 1999 Bigfoot made the Columbia River model trailers and it came out as the 2000 series as the 22, 24, and 26ft models. Rick
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot