Rare Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Rare Bigfoot

Just purchased a 1999 Bigfoot Columbia River 24ft Trailer , Did not know they even made this model as I have seen it on the truck camper but I find out they were made in the Oregon plant along with the class B motorhome and then when the owner of Bigfoot died in a plane crash they shut down the Oregon plant and sent everything back to Armstong BC,and this is where my trailer comes from it is a 2000 Series they made them in 22ft 24 ft and 27 ft , I have only found one other it is a 22ft. I am just wondering if any of you have ever seen this trailer anywhere or howmany were made. Anyway it is beautiful in MINT condition. With Pics...
Rick..........1999_Bigfoot_CR.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	24ft Columbia River.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	34079

Name:	Columbia River Back.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	34080

Name:	Columbia River Interior 2.jpg
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	34081
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:22 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1984
Nice looking trailer Rick.
But are these pictures of your Bigfoot? This one's tagged as a Colombia River and there is no mention of Bigfoot on the spec sheet. It appears to have fiberglass ends and composite sides. Shure is a lot bigger and roomier than our little Boler though.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Another bigun'. Rick, welcome to FiberglassRV. You've landed on a forum who's focus is light (all) molded towables. If you have questions, we may be able to help you... however, you will probably find more assistance at a couple of forums where like-minded owners hang out: iRV2 - RV Forum Community and the Open Road forums
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #4

Rare Bigfoot

Name:   Bigfoot Class B.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  8.0 KB

Name:	Bigfoot SilverCloud.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	34094

Name:	Oakland.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	34095

Name:	22ft Columbia River.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	34096
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Nice looking trailer Rick.
But are these pictures of your Bigfoot? This one's tagged as a Colombia River and there is no mention of Bigfoot on the spec sheet. It appears to have fiberglass ends and composite sides. Shure is a lot bigger and roomier than our little Boler though.
Hi James Well yes these trailers wew made in Bigfoots Oregon plant in 1996 97 along with the class B Motorhome ,both great ideas of Owner Terry Mayhall Then there was a plane crash and Terry and others died ,they decided to close the Oregon plant and this is where my trailer came from they did make Columbia River truck campers,also The Oakland,and the Extreme, I also have a broucher of the same trailers as Bigfoots in 22ft 24ft and 27ftMy trailer was made in Armstrong BC in Bigfoot plant has a Bigfoot Serial Number and is registered as a Bigfoot. Let me tell you I sold my 1988 17.5 Bigfoot my Baby and I would never by another trailer they are the best and best ever made they are the Airsteam of the fiberglass,trust me I had a 1974 Boler she was great sold it for $6000.00. Then bought a Bigfoot a 17.5 I restored it and did not think I would ever get rid of it BUT This 24ft Colubia River BY BIGFOOT came up and I bought it. It even has the Sasquatches on it. It is a beautiful trailer. I also can send you pics of an Oakland {Bigfoot RV} Motorhome and The Bigfoot Class B.. And of a 28ft Bigfoot Silver Cloud which they only made 12 And also a 22ft Columbia River If you look at the colours of the Class B and the Columbia Rivers they were designed around the same time. Enjoy Rick
Old 03-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #5

Rare Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Another bigun'. Rick, welcome to FiberglassRV. You've landed on a forum who's focus is light (all) molded towables. If you have questions, we may be able to help you... however, you will probably find more assistance at a couple of forums where like-minded owners hang out: iRV2 - RV Forum Community and the Open Road forums
Hi Donna D My trailer weighs in at 4100 lbs. I think the 17.5 2008 Bigfoot weighs 3400 lbs.My trailer is Fiberglass front and back anf fibercore walls all designed by the owner of Bigfoot in the Mid 90,s It was made in Bigfoot plant has Bigfoot Serial Number and is registered as a Bigfoot. I just thought that somebody might like to see something different for once, as I have owned a 1974 Boler the original fiberglass trailer and then a 17.5 Bigfoot I enjoy Fiberglass Rv and have been a member for a while with my Boler and my Bigfoot. Bigfoot makes other trailers and Rv,s Have a look and enjoy.... Rick..............Click image for larger version

Name:	Bigfoot SilverCloud.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	34097

Name:	Oakland.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	34098

Name:	Oakland Camper.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	34099

Name:	xtremey Bigfoot.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	34100
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #6

Thanks Rick. If I could afford it and a new tug, I'd love to have the 25' Bigfoot. I've seen several in person and they're truly beautiful. I was just afraid you'd start asking us questions about seams and delamination of the side panels and we don't have those
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #7

Rare Bigfoot

Quote:
Thanks Rick. If I could afford it and a new tug, I'd love to have the 25' Bigfoot. I've seen several in person and they're truly beautiful. I was just afraid you'd start asking us questions about seams and delamination of the side panels and we don't have those
Hi Donna D It is not a 25ft, It is a 24 ft and if you have seen several well where are they as there is nothing on the net ,only one which I found in Alberta, Canada I am taking it to the Bigfoot rally in Canada this year which is in The Columbia River Valley should be a great hit..
Rick....Click image for larger version

Views:	29
ID:	34104

Name:	22ft Columbia River.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	34105
Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #8

Rick, I knew it wasn't the 25 foot... those are molded... At least the model I was speaking about. Like this: 2006 Bigfoot 25B25RQ Curbside-1

As you cruise the forums here, you'll see references to "stickies" That's how we describe your type of Bigfoot. Slab side panels, seams and built around a frame. All the trailers named here on this home page: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/index.html are molded trailers. Self-supporting shells, no inner frame.

You own a Dodge and are at a Ford/Chevy convention.

However, my philospophy is love the one your with! I'm certain your trailer fits your needs/wants perfectly.

I just checked out the rally info.. looks like a good time will be had by all!
2011 BOCI Gets in Hot Water Rally
Old 03-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #9

Rare Bigfoot

So why does not even my Bigfoot but even most Bigfoots dont fit into fiberglassrv .com I did own a Boler Loved it and had to move on, then bought a 17.5 Bigfoot then found this BIGFOOT and let me tell you there are no sticks in it it has a fiberglass front and back and all Fiber Core walls, I am sorry but I rebiult my 17.5 Bigfoot yeh the outer shell is fiberglass but what holds all the wood interiour and cabinets yeh as you call them sticks an, actually more than a fibercore wall. As the fibercore wall is all fiberglass did you know And I do not like the shot you own a Dodge and you are at a Ford/Chevy convention. What does that mean??
RickClick image for larger version

Views:	27
ID:	34154
Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #10

Sorry Rick, I'm the last person that would purposely hurt your feelings, honestly. I was just trying to explain the difference between what we call eggs and your trailer. Obviously I've done a very bad job of that.

The Dodge at a Ford/Chevy convention was a parody. They're all motor vehicles, similar but not the same.

On edit: I found another topic about a Rare Bigfoot: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...elp-41990.html
Old 03-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #11

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
That little Extreme looks awesome.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Sorry Rick, I'm the last person that would purposely hurt your feelings, honestly. I was just trying to explain the difference between what we call eggs and your trailer. Obviously I've done a very bad job of that.

The Dodge at a Ford/Chevy convention was a parody. They're all motor vehicles, similar but not the same.

On edit: I found another topic about a Rare Bigfoot: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...elp-41990.html
Thank you Donna D I do know the difference between the Egg and other fiberglasss trailers as I did own a Boler which is the trailer that every other Egg is designed around and I know my new Bigfoot is not a fiber two piece but it as a Bigfoot, it is very rare and that is all the imfo I am looking for any imfo ,it is not a [sticky] it is fiberglass and will be forever. Please stay in touch. Rick Thanks for all imfo as I see you have lots as I am a newbie to fiberglassrv. again thanks...
Old 03-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
Thank you Donna D I do know the difference between the Egg and other fiberglasss trailers as I did own a Boler which is the trailer that every other Egg is designed around and I know my new Bigfoot is not a fiber two piece but it as a Bigfoot, it is very rare and that is all the imfo I am looking for any imfo ,it is not a [sticky] it is fiberglass and will be forever. Please stay in touch. Rick Thanks for all imfo as I see you have lots as I am a newbie to fiberglassrv. again thanks...

Donna D Hi again as for the site you sent me to for rare Bigfoot yeh it is a Stickie you can see that,Click image for larger version

Views:	24
ID:	34185

Name:	Columbia River Back.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	34186 but if you take a look at The Columbia River there are no sticks it was designed by the owner TerryMayhaall it is a fibercore wall trust me as I love the fiberglass trailers and Bigfoots are the best and I have one of the rarest there is . Rick....
Old 03-23-2011, 06:03 AM   #14

You do have a nice trailer Rick, no question about that. When we talk about "stickie" it doesn't necessary mean wood frame. An Alumalite, which has an all aluminum frame.. is a "stickie" to us. We just use stickie to mean inner frame work.

Stay around, hang out... share your camping stories. I'd especially like to hear about your Bigfoot rally this next fall

Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #15

Rare Bigfoot

Thanks Donna D for all the help as I see you have been around along time,12000 plus, I will stay in touch , Maybe some of my Bigfoot Canadian Buds might like to go to the Rally this year which is in Canada, Maybe I will start a new topic, Can you help me out Donna D. Thanks again
Rick And THE BC BIGFOOT....
Name:   bigfoot.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  1.4 KB
Old 03-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #16

Rare Bigfoot

Hi all I just found out that founder of Bigfoot Terry Mayhaul was the founder and designer of the moulded and the FIBERCORE SYSTEM it is used on the 1500, 2500, 3000 and 4000 series camper and motorhomes and that the Oakland and the Columbia River 2000 series were the prototypes well so what trailer do I have now even a very more rare BIGFOOT Rick..

Article from The Gazette (Montreal) Quality is key for Bigfoot.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #17

FYI - This article was published November 13, 2007, prior to the bankruptcy of Bigfoot. The fibercoare system is described in this article as "Bigfoot's process involves injecting foam into the cavities in the wall, floor and roof."

Rick, if you camp in really cold weather, let us know if you run into any cold spots in your trailer or condensation problems.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #18

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Rick,

I remembered that Bigfoot’s “fibercore" construction has a higher R value insulation rating than their molded construction. This post prompted me to go dig out my 2004 Bigfoot brochure which has all the models Bigfoot sold that year. It lists the insulation R value for the 2500 series as R-8. It lists the insulation R value for the 3000 series (fibercore construction) as R-12.

I got caught in my 21' trailer (2500 series with R-8 insulation) one night at Williams AZ when the temp dipped to 0 Fahrenheit. It was February and I had driven up from warm sunny Quartzsite to see the Grand Canyon. I knew it was going to be cooler but when I heard the forecast I was somewhat concerned. I stayed at a campground so I could hook up to electricity. I set the trailer's thermostat on low and plugged in a small electric heater which I also set on low. I could feel a little bit of cold air around the windows but the trailer stayed warm and cozy all night. The next morning the water was not frozen and I took a shower. I was very happy with my trailer.

The electric heater would not have been necessary. The furnace is plenty. Remember you need to run the furnace to heat the tanks and keep them from freezing. The problem you will encounter is the one battery that comes in a Bigfoot is not enough to run the furnace blower through a cold night. You need to have supplemental power of some kind. Also when towing with water in the tanks you need to run the furnace some through the day to keep them from freezing.

I now have a 25RQ and cold weather does not scare me at all.

Your trailer with the “fibercore” should be a great cold weather camper.

Bruce
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #19

Rare Bigfoot

Hi Well let me tell you that the coldest it will ever get in Beautiful British Columbia Canada, if your lucky in the coldest winter day it might get to 0 celsius which is 32 degrees,but only maybe if you are lucky one day a year so my Fibercore trailer will be perfect , I am not concerned about the cold just that it was designed by BIGFOOT and my Columbia River is a Bigfoot Rick.....Click image for larger version

Views:	46
ID:	34318
Old 09-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #20

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Bigfoot/Oakland
Alberta
Sorry to revive this old thread but does anyone know any history or facts on that bigfoot/Oakland 19-20' class c that is on the first page?
What years were these short ones made, was it a low production run etc? I've spent hours searching the net and there is zero info on these.
NAYR in Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot