Replacing System Monitoring Panel And Tank Sensors - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Replacing System Monitoring Panel And Tank Sensors

So we decided to replace the monitor panel in our 1989 Bigfoot fifthwheel. We went to two RV parts stores and found only one panel and took it home. We removed the old one and found 7 wires (plus pump switch wires). The new one has 9 wires (Travelaire OEM) ....Does anyone have the electrical schematics for these or have any ideas what all the wires are for? We know there are wires for the lighted pump switch and multiple sensors (empty, 1/3, 2/3 and full) for each of the following;

battery condition
grey water
black water
fresh water

Unfortunately we do not have schematics for the OEM or after-market units. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Has someone purchased one recently and can recommend a brand ?
Thanks!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Sorry Mitch, I can't help with your question (hopefully someone can), but I'm curious about a couple of things:

Was there a reason you wanted to replace the original panel, functionality or aesthetics?

Which replacement panel you have purchased and how it will fit in comparison to the original which I assume is probably much larger in size?

Also, I wonder if you checked out any of the stove hoods that have the monitor system incorporated in them - maybe you can find an install manual from one of those, and extrapolate?

Old 08-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 1991 Bigfoot 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
Sorry Mitch, I can't help with your question (hopefully someone can), but I'm curious about a couple of things:

Was there a reason you wanted to replace the original panel, functionality or aesthetics?

Which replacement panel you have purchased and how it will fit in comparison to the original which I assume is probably much larger in size?

Also, I wonder if you checked out any of the stove hoods that have the monitor system incorporated in them - maybe you can find an install manual from one of those, and extrapolate?
Hey Lainey ! We are replacing it because of asthetics. The panel is located on a wall next to the fridge unlike the 17ft BF we had. That one was on the hood fan. It's kinda clunky looking. Never thought to find a manual for that model though....I'll start hunting for one of those. Incidently we purchased a Travelaire panel and it's a bit smaller that the original one. Thanks ! Mitch