rust-o-lem enamel on fiberglass rv??? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #15

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Paint and decorate to your heart's content. Personalize your egg. Enjoy it while it's yours. If someone else wants it to look different someday, they can paint it all over with their own colors.

As far as Rustoleum, all I know is it didn't do much for the rust on my '73 Vega, back in the day. Maybe they have improved it since then? Don't know.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Paint and decorate to your heart's content. Personalize your egg. Enjoy it while it's yours. If someone else wants it to look different someday, they can paint it all over with their own colors.

As far as Rustoleum, all I know is it didn't do much for the rust on my '73 Vega, back in the day. Maybe they have improved it since then? Don't know.
Mike has given you the best advice of ALL. It's yours, your asset... enjoy every moment of ownership. We often talk about resale value. Who really cares? If it's not YOURS truly while you own it... it will be less than it should be. MAKE MEMORIES! Worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Anyone that thinks logically... knows "tomorrow" never comes

As far as Restoleum.... just look at all the threads about folks that redo stuff because that's what they used. That should tell you something...

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #17

Name: danny
Trailer: 1981 Scamp
Florida
Registry
I have used rustoleum on plastic and fiberglass golf cart bodies . i have one i painted 8 years ago thats been parked in a field past three years in hot sun. and its still holding up. i painted with paint i bought from wally world 4 years ago a 18 foot fiber boat. i seen it last summer looks as good as it was when i painted it...... on the boat i used foam roller in the shade.... dont try in the sun the paint will try to dry to fast.... it was 80 degree out side in the shade.... paint rolled out smooth. used 3in or 4in foam roller
Old 07-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #18

Name: Bernard
Trailer: 2007 uhaul ct13
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by renewableart View Post
I have used rustoleum on plastic and fiberglass golf cart bodies . i have one i painted 8 years ago thats been parked in a field past three years in hot sun. and its still holding up. i painted with paint i bought from wally world 4 years ago a 18 foot fiber boat. i seen it last summer looks as good as it was when i painted it...... on the boat i used foam roller in the shade.... dont try in the sun the paint will try to dry to fast.... it was 80 degree out side in the shade.... paint rolled out smooth. used 3in or 4in foam roller
What kind of rustoleum did you use? The marine type or the regular rust paint foud everywhere?

Personnnaly i've painted tons of different surfaces with rustoleum regular rust paint(tremclad version sold in canada) and that stuff sticks to everythng i've tried and gives excellent results that last.
Garage floor epoxy is also very good paint , its super tough sticks to everything and now you can get base color to tint, not just the usuall grey.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #19

Name: Victor
Trailer: All
Florida
I do detail work out Stuart fl an polyglot works the best contact me for more detail at 772 285 7491 my name is victor any one in the area can call will have good prices an free estimates
Old 02-13-2014, 09:00 PM   #20

Name: Victor
Trailer: All
Florida
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor peel View Post
I do detail work out Stuart fl an polyglow works the best contact me for more detail at 772 285 7491 my name is victor any one in the area can call will have good prices an free estimates
normal prices are 10 dollars a foot