RV cover for Bigfoot Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #1

Name: Chester
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
RV cover for Bigfoot Trailer

I am looking to purchase a fabric RV cover for our 21FB Bigfoot trailer. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #2

Name: Paige
California
I have purchased two different covers from Calmark Covers in Oxnard, CA. They are really great to work with. For the second cover I needed them to make the door zipper higher and they did at no extra charge and very quickly and easily. Nice folks. They have templates too on many trailers - they made a template off of my 17ft Bigfoot. Finally, the quality and fit are really good. I had my Perris Pacer cover for about 8 years and it was still fine when I sold it. www.calmark.com
Good luck.
Paige C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:24 AM   #3

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige C. View Post
I have purchased two different covers from Calmark Covers in Oxnard, CA. They are really great to work with.
Good luck.
Thanks for your reply. How did Calmark address the propane tank doghouse enclosure?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:49 PM   #4

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige C. View Post
I have purchased two different covers from Calmark Covers in Oxnard, CA. They are really great to work with. For the second cover I needed them to make the door zipper higher and they did at no extra charge and very quickly and easily. Nice folks. They have templates too on many trailers - they made a template off of my 17ft Bigfoot. Finally, the quality and fit are really good. I had my Perris Pacer cover for about 8 years and it was still fine when I sold it. www.calmark.com
Good luck.
:I just tried to get to Calmark's website to no avail.
stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:34 AM   #5

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:I just tried to get to Calmark's website to no avail.
stude
Try this link CalMark Cover Co - Custom RV Covers for Travel Trailers, Campers, Motorhomes, Casita & Scamp RV Covers
Old 09-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Just wondering what the verdict is HERE on covering a fiberglass trailer? I have seen negatives, positives, negatives and positives. I guess, to each their own?

I have solar and generally leave that connected year round to my AGMs.

I would need to disconnect and remove the batteries, which is no problem, but here again, some say to leave connected while others say to disconnect?
To cover, or not to cover, that is the question?

AND, I also have heard good things on Calmark!
JimKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #7

Washington
I did not realize there is a debate on covering solar collectors and removing batteries when using a cover. Is it not a good idea to cover the solar panel? My concern here in the Seattle area to protect our trailer from uv damage, tree debris and springtime pollen.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:16 AM   #8

California
CalMark Covering Propane tanks

Here's a picture of my cover and you can see most of the cover on the tanks. There is a cord that runs the entire perimeter of the bottom of the cover that you can cinch in to keep the cover tightly held under the trailer. Plus the two belly straps that holds down the cover. Wind is the enemy of trailers and this cover hold on pretty well. I have zero signs of abrasion on the fiberglass. The fabric is a soft sunbrella. I had my cover made a tad large because I don't have an awning and I plan to add one so I asked them to plan for that in the sizing. I don't have an air conditioner either - but I suspect that if I added one the cover would still work but just have a bit less at the bottom. I'm a big fan of these covers. I've had two of them and live on the coast.
Attached Thumbnails
BF Cover.JPG   BF Cover back.JPG  

Old 09-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #9

California
The one thing you want to be sure to do is to wrap some rags around the pointy ends of your bumper, hitch, and anything else that has a pointy edge. That would cause I problem and wear the cover. I actually had two pads sewn into the inside of my cover where the cover meets the bumper's outer edges. I suggested to Calmark that they do the same - sounded like they might. They are interested in this kind of input.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:58 AM   #10

Washington
Piage C, your post was extremely helpful. Thank you very much for posting photos of your cover.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #11

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetandren View Post
I did not realize there is a debate on covering solar collectors and removing batteries when using a cover. Is it not a good idea to cover the solar panel? My concern here in the Seattle area to protect our trailer from uv damage, tree debris and springtime pollen.
I have two fiberglass trailers each with solar on the roof, one has an expensive Calmark cover and the other is a much cheaper Expedition cover (kind of like an Adco cover). Both are about 5yrs old and both show equal amounts of wear (the Calmark cover is much heavier fabric). After parking the two trailers with their covers on for the winter, the trailer with the Expedition cover will have fully charged batteries in the spring from the solar working through the cover, while the trailer with the heavier Calmark cover will have the batteries somewhat run down and needs to be plugged in to charge (or uncovered).

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot