RV Season is OPEN!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2017, 06:46 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
RV Season is OPEN!!!

Almost like the flip of a switch...it is fascinating to me how today I noticed quite a few threads for people in search of the elusive molded fiberglass rv...tracking cold and hot trails of Scamps, U-Hauls, Burros and exotic Clouds among other species...and from a mere 13'er to the trophy 16' & 17'ers....all of these species are truly of a different breed among all the stickies in the woods. Even had one fella stop by the house wanting to buy ours...of course we told him our prize catch wasn't for sell...guess it is the unusually warm winter we are having at least were I am located here in the south...

RV on...
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:00 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Ha ha just got books and maps for our 2017 Fall trip from AAA
The woman there said it was too soon to got the Trip Tix booklet and wait until about 2 weeks before we leave.
2016 trip took us from Western Maine Mountains to the Arcadia National park and then back to the Northern New Hampshire mountains over th course of 9 days.
2017 will try to go to the Finger Lakes of NY then to PA and into Maryland to see friends..May be 3 weeks on the road but we'll see.
Yes only 12 short weeks and private campgrounds will open here but the National forest wont open for another 15 weeks.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Ha ha just got books and maps for our 2017 Fall trip from AAA
Gerry if you are not signed up for the 2nd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee in May you should sign up and come...its in the mountains of north east Georgia
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Looks like a great time but I will be hosting The Spring Fling Rally in New Hampsire just a week prior this rally.
This will be my first attempt at hosting and I will provide & cook, grilled chicken for all who attend, they will bring any pot-luck dish they want for side dishes.
The season can't get here soon enough and with 3 feet of snow around my "Ladybug" Boler1300 and only 1/2 through winter I'm getting antsy.
Let's hope we do not get too much snow the rest of the season.
One year I had a start work date for the National Forest last week of April.
That was the year we had over 10 feet of snow and I still had 3 feet of it where I parked the trailer, I had to shovel a path about 200ft wide enough to get my camper out of the back yard.
I still park it out back but after cutting down some huge pines I do not have to park it as far down back.
January Thaw is great...If one closes his eyes during the day he can pretend it's April.
Good thing I was in my early 50's then and still in shape.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote