Safely camping in a 13' Burro (heaters, AC etc.) - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #29

Name: Pat
Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
SW Ohio
Craig,
You could put some of that thin foil bubble insulation between the shells. I just did mine and it was simple. I couldn't get between all of the panels, but it does make a huge difference. The condensation problem is much more evident now on the uninsulated areas.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #30

Name: Pat
Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
SW Ohio
OOH Don't forget to install a smoke alarm!

Old 11-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #31

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Craig,
You could put some of that thin foil bubble insulation between the shells. I just did mine and it was simple. I couldn't get between all of the panels, but it does make a huge difference. The condensation problem is much more evident now on the uninsulated areas.
Maybe you could drill a small hole in the uninsulated areas and spray in some of this:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.j...hId=42641045853

I don't have personal experience with this but I am sure some of our readers have.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #32

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Maybe you could drill a small hole in the uninsulated areas and spray in some of this:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.j...hId=42641045853

I don't have personal experience with this but I am sure some of our readers have.

Good idea in concept but......
You have to be very careful in this application to get a foam with almost no expansion capability.

I have seen entire houses lifted from the foundation by overzealous application of expanding foam in every crack. It is not hard to imagine what could happen to a Burro if too much was applied between the shells,it may end up like the Flintstone rig in the thread?

I have used the Hilti foam they sell at Home Depot and it comes in different expansion grades.
It seems to a higher grade product than the Great Stuff too and easier to control out of the straw.

For sure you want to try some in the thickness you are trying for on a test surface before going at the Burro.

It is fun to use though!

Tags
burro