Scamp 16 bathroom comparison - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #1

Name: jedd
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Alaska
Scamp 16 bathroom comparison

Hello
We have finally decided on a Scamp 16 front bunk side bath model. I have one (hopefully) last question. Is the deluxe model side bath the same size as the standard model? In the floor plans shown at scamp the deluxe looks to have a bigger bath than the standard but the drawings are not to scale and I want to make sure. I wish Scamp would post dimensions. Also if anyone has pictures of the side bath please post if you can.
Thanks for any help
harms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Are you looking for photos of a standard side bath or for a deluxe? I have one or two of the standard.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #3

Registry
A couple of photos I have of my standard. Note the previous owner added the sink but did not do a great job on it - personally would not have wasted the space.
Sorry in the second photo I have a box that I store things in that blocks the whole view of the black water tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp bathroom May 2007.jpg   Scamp bathroom 2009 small.jpg  

Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #4

Name: jedd
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Alaska
Thanks Carol that helps a lot.
harms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #5

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Scamp 16
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
A couple of photos I have of my standard. Note the previous owner added the sink but did not do a great job on it - personally would not have wasted the space.
Sorry in the second photo I have a box that I store things in that blocks the whole view of the black water tank.
I would be interested in the measurements of the bathroom inside and outside dimensions. I'm building my own side bathroom for my gutted Scamp 16 next to the front bunk area
JeffJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #6

Name: Norm and Ginny
Florida
We're in a Casita right now but just bought a Scamp 16 with side bath. I'd be glad to get you the exact dimensions when I go to our storage unit this week.

Our Casita has the front bath, it's longer than the Scamp's side bath but no more useful except for the Casita's sink. If I was doing the Scamp's bathroom from scratch I'd extend it to the front of the trailer, putting the toilet in the front area and allowing a more practical shower.

If you want the physical dimensions let me know. In our Scamp my plans are to build a small over head cabinet above the toilet. As well to mount a thin shelf set for shampoo and the like on the wall opposite the toilet.

Have fun,

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
I would be interested in the measurements of the bathroom inside and outside dimensions. I'm building my own side bathroom for my gutted Scamp 16 next to the front bunk area
Jeff here is a rough idea of the sizee of the bathroom.

The walls front to back of trailer on the inside are 34 1/2" apart - outside 35". Walls are made of 1/4 fiberglass.

Inside measurements from outside wall to inside wall gets tough due to the fact the outside wall of the trailer is curved giving you different measurements at different heights. At the widest point on mine the measurement is 27 1/2" on the inside and 28" on the outside. Note the walls are rivited and fixed to the outside wall over the insulation and rat fur so there may be another 1/4" or so there.

The floor of the bathroom is 5" up from the floor of the trailer but the fiberglass sheet that holds the door comes down over that and it sits 4" up from the floor - the same distants from the floor as the fiberglass sheets on the front of the side cabinet area.

My trailer has a molded one piece shower base in it that comes up the walls on all four sides - 10" on the outside wall and 3" on the other 3 walls -the outside section of the base is slightly curved to match the curve of the outside wall of the trailer. You might want to check with Scamp regarding the size of the base they use and build around it.

As a point of reference the bathroom sticks out 4 1/2" from the edge of the counter top that has the cook top.

Carol
Old 03-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #8

Name: Jeff
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Jeff here is a rough idea of the sizee of the bathroom.

The walls front to back of trailer on the inside are 34 1/2" apart - outside 35". Walls are made of 1/4 fiberglass.

Inside measurements from outside wall to inside wall gets a tough due to the fact the outside wall of the trailer is curved giving you different measurements at different heights. At the widest point on mine the measurement is 27 1/2" on the inside and 28" on the outside.

The floor of the bathroom is 5" up from the floor of the trailer but the fiberglass sheet that holds the door comes down over that and it sits 4" up from the floor - the same distants from the floor as the fiberglass sheets on the front of the side cabinet area.

My trailer has a molded one piece shower base in it that comes up the walls on all four sides - 10" on the outside wall and 3" on the other 3 walls -the outside section of the base is slightly curved to match the curve of the outside wall of the trailer. You might want to check with Scamp regarding the size of the base they use and build around it.

As a point of reference the bathroom sticks out 4 1/2" from the edge of the counter top that has the cook top.

Carol
Wow, thanks for all the information. This will help alot! I found a one piece fiberglass shower stall that is 32" x 32" that I'm gonna modify to fit.
JeffJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
Wow, thanks for all the information. This will help alot! I found a one piece fiberglass shower stall that is 32" x 32" that I'm gonna modify to fit.
Jeff if you have not already purchased the base you may want to reconsider. I can tell you that the 35" front to back is a tight space for turning around in, once you get the potty installed. Not sure I would want to lose another 3" from that space even though it may seem like a small amount to lose. I'm not all that big of a person and its a tight space to turn around in at 35" and I suspect there are more than a few guys who will say they cant turn around in it at all.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Our EggCamper bath is 38" by 28" and I wouldn't want it any smaller in either direction. The most critical space is how much room you have in front of the potty - we only have about 19 1/2 inches there.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp