Scamp drip edges - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #1

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Scamp 16 Deluxe
Washington
Scamp drip edges

I'm on my second Scamp. The first was a 13' that had a Fiamma awning installed, and as I recall, under the awning case/box was a drip edge/gutter that ran the length of the awning that prevented water from dripping down the side of the trailer. It was in addition to the drip edge over the door (and on this one, the windows).

So on our new 16' Scamp with a Fiamma awning, there is a big gap under the awning case/box that allows all the water that hits the roof to run down the side of the trailer. I know the awning is not really designed to be water tight, but in the Pacific Northwest ... suffice to say, we'd like to install a gutter system. The one on the 13' may have been installed by the first owner, or it may have been a factory install, but I find no mention of such a thing in any of the Scamp or Fiamma literature.

So, any ideas? The best I can come up with is to rip a half round piece of PVC pipe and glue it (using some good 3M Marine Adhesive) to the trailer under the awning box.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Chuck
beardrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Attachment 90900You can buy a length of PVC gutter, drop it in place and mark it, cut it to fit then silicone it in place.
On my Scamp13 with a Catalina 2500, the gap was smaller, so I simply dropped in an piece of 3/4"PVC pipe then caulked it in place. It has worked perfectly and is not readily apparent.
Attached Thumbnails
sm11.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #3

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
I did the same thing. I try to keep te puddles swept off in winter.
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #4

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Scamp 16 Deluxe
Washington
RV Gutters?

There's a product out there called EZE RV Gutters,

Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters

which looks to be a length of flexible polyvinyl formed into gutter shape, with a channel width of about 1/2"

Anybody have any experience putting these on, particularly under the canopy?

Thanks for the replies!

Chuck
beardrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardrum View Post
There's a product out there called EZE RV Gutters,

Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters

which looks to be a length of flexible polyvinyl formed into gutter shape, with a channel width of about 1/2"

Anybody have any experience putting these on, particularly under the canopy?

Thanks for the replies!

Chuck
I have some of that stuff in two colors in my loft and for the most part that's where it is likely to stay. It might help a little in a soft rain for runoff over a window, but the capacity is low and they are just too small to do what you want done. I'm sure that with splash and even slight wind that you find them real close to useless.
It is commonly called "drip stop" and that's about the best you can expect.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp