Scamp rock cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 13 ft Scamp
Does anyone know of a place that sells a fabric gravel/rock cover for under the window behind the tow? I'm looking for something that would be similar to the gravel protectors you put on the front of your car. We just got our Scamp painted and I would hate to see a chip in it because of rocks. Any suggestions?
Danielle Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Does anyone know of a place that sells a fabric gravel/rock cover for under the window behind the tow? I'm looking for something that would be similar to the gravel protectors you put on the front of your car. We just got our Scamp painted and I would hate to see a chip in it because of rocks. Any suggestions?

For cars, these are called "bras", right? Sounds like something you'd have to make up for yourself. Unfortunately, there are no good pre-existing anchor points on the street-side of your trailer to attach necessary hold-down straps.

Have you considered a spray-on "bedliner" paint material similar to Rhino Lining or Line-X? The front of my Scamp was coated with a clear, rubberized product a short while after my shell was painted. Works pretty good, and you can't see it...
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I've heard of the Rhino Lining. But the clear rubberized product sounds even better. Can you provide the brand name?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #4

Thanks for the info Robert. Yeah a 'car bra' is what I'm looking for, but our body work guy had also mentioned a spray on liner. What is the name of the clear kind that you used? That would be something we'd consider. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Thanks for the info Robert. Yeah a 'car bra' is what I'm looking for, but our body work guy had also mentioned a spray on liner. What is the name of the clear kind that you used? That would be something we'd consider. Thanks.

So sorry, folks... The invoice from my paint shop only says "chip guard." They are now out of business and I can't identify the product used any more specifically. Bummer...
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #6

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Danielle,
I know 3M makes a clear product for this purpose, but best applied by a "trim" shop as difficult to get the sheets on a biconvex surface.
Tony and Darlene
Tony Nowak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #7

Thanks for all the help. We found something called Gravel Guard that we might use... it's clear and protective.

Tags
scamp