Originally Posted by Ron in BC
Thanks for posting the question. I went out to my trailer to check something before answering your question and discovered the screw holding the strap that holds the pump had pulled out
. No biggie but I'd rather have the pump supported by the strap than the hoses.
,how can I say it politely, sucks. They use twist connectors with abandon. I just undid the ones on my water pump and could see some corrosion.
So: all connectors and connections are suspect. The first thing that I do in this situation and yes, I am serious, is, with the switch on, give the pump a couple of good thunks (technical term). On my 13 the back of the switch and the terminals are accessible from the locker. I'd check for voltage at the switch. I'd also check the wires under the trailer by the pump as there's probably some connections there. If so, undo each one and scrape the corrosion from the wires.
items sitting unused often don't function after a period of time.
Try the above items and it's likely you'll find the problem
The pump on my 16 ft SD did not work so I thunked the motor and replaced Scamps less than professional wiring. I soldered the wires and covered the splices with shrink tube designed for wet locations oh yah I had to remount the pump motor too.