sewer hose length - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
The previous owner of my Burro carried around the sewer hose in a milk crate in the back of his truck. For sanitary reasons I don't want to do that and will make some kind of hose holder to store the sewer hose on the rear bumper. But the current hose is 10' long, I'd have to cut it down to maybe 6-7'. I haven't camped out in my newly acquired trailer yet or even tried dumping any of the tanks. Do you think a 6-7' long sewer hose is sufficient for most cases? Thanks!
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
You shouldn't have to cut it down, they squish like a slinky into about a 1 ft length for a 10 footer.

Mine is in a designated tube on the back, and I actually have two 10 footers back there, with couplings

You could go modular. I only use the extra when needed, and yes, there will be times when extra is good..

EZ coupler hoses

They work very well and are easy to put together.. and quick.

These are very Macho too ~ Rhino Hose
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Thomas, you never know when your gonna have a site that the sewer dump is tooooooooooo far for your 6ft hose to reach. So really depends on each campsite. Like Gina said, they are like a slinky so they will store in smaller areas. Our sewer hose storage is in our bumper. Cap comes off and the hose slides in. But have seen many people attach Pvc pipe with caps to their bummper for easy storage.

Last year in Colorado springs we were in a site that there was probably 40ft between the electric and sewer hook ups. Electric was in front and on the wrong side (curb side) and sewer was in back! Complete opposite of my trailer, and NO I wasn't in backwards! I could have pulled in the opposite way but then my sewer would have been curb side wrong side. Screwyest darn site I have ever camped in.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
OK I see what you mean by it being compressible. Then probably what I have is much longer than 10 ft., because I didn't stretch it out when I measured it. In any case, I won't cut anything until I make a holder and then I'll see if I can fit the whole hose in there. Thanks for the advice!
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

When I 1st bought my Fiber Stream it had a 10' sewer hose in a small (30") tube holder on the front of the trailer. It was old, and when I wanted to use it in Victorville, CA in November, it was too cold to get it to s-t-r-e-t-c-h to the site's sewer fitting way at the back of the site.

I carry a 20' long sewer hose in a 4" square bumper/sewer storage that is 6' long. The hose collapses to about 4' long and stays collapsed if I cap both ends, because the end caps are air-tight. If left un-capped inside the bumper, it could expand to the full 20' length from the Southern California sun heating up the bumper. This may explain why I see so many 20' long sewer hoses on the side of the highway.