Shower Side Bathroom Door? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
If this is a side bath Scamp, the bathroom is directly across from the door. Might make for interesting campground conversation if someone should open the outside door while someone is sitting on the throne (with the light on) frosted glass or not... even more interesting if someone is taking a shower!

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #16
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
you can't see into mine. Frustrates the dogs.. "Hey, What ya doin' in there????"

A shower curtain does the trick too.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #17
Trailer: Compact Jr
I'm planning on replacing the shower door with something completely different, something that allows ventilation into the bathroom so our towels, which will hang inside the door, can dry out and the bathroom say warm with the rest of the trailer on colder nights. The new door will resemble a panel-style door, with punched aluminum panels, a center spoke made from a curvy Ikea mirror cut to the correct height by a local glass shop, and wood stained to match the cabinets I made for the loft.

Attachment 12007
(Not to proportion)

That ought to be pretty darned cool. If I built it, the mirror would face away from the shower to prevent those saddening moments of self-awareness....
Steve Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #18
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico

It is the front bath, but if the trailer door is open, one can see into the bathroom somewhat. We decided on painting the door, acrylic latex gloss enamel, white. My wife did the painting and after four coats it looks very well and I am sure it will do what we need it to do. It does not really get wet, wet, just dampness from the "steam" from the shower, the humitidy and maybe a wet hand print now and again. We like the lightness it gives instead of the drab brown. We use two sets of curtains, one to keep the door dry, which came with the Scamp and a second one to keep the toilet and floor around it dry. for all the suggestions! You gave some really good ones and some really neat ideas.

DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote